Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

dynamic table

Former Community Member
hi,

my table

table

----->header row

---------------->cell

----->row

---------------->cell

i'm working on a table, that i want to expand top-->down and left-->right.

this works fine by putting the table in flowing subform and setting the flow direction to western text. then i set the table>binding>repeat_table_for_ _each_data_item on. this provides the table to expand left-->right.

i also set the table>row>repeat_row_for_each_data_item on. this provides the row to expand top-->down with my data.

my problem comes when i try to paginate the overflowing part of the table: horizontally and vertically.

any hints? would be nice.

thanks,

valerio
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Valerio,

Were you able to get rid of this problem?

I have quite a similar requirement. I have a dynamic table which grows on click of a button (i am using addInstance method). But the problems comes when the rows go beyond the first page. I am not able to show the added rows in my next page.

If you have sorted this out could you please let me know the steps to achieve this?

Thanks and regards,

Shivajiv.

Level 5
Hi Shivaji,

The issues you are fighting looks not related to Valerio's issues. I may be able to help you if you can email me a copy of your template and little more description of your issue. My email id is meetsekharvXXXX@yahoo.com (please remove XXXX).

Good luck,

SekharN.

Former Community Member
Hi Shekar,

I have sent you the form template. Could you please have a look at it and help me out?

Thanks and regards,

Shivajiv.

Level 5
It does not open for me... I get following message when I try to open in PDF..."There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaiered."

And when I try to open in LC Designer 7.0 I get "Unable to open input file".

Tacke care,

SekharN

Former Community Member
Hi Sekhar,

Thanks for the solution..!!

In this form I have one more functionality to achieve. Basically, when the table grows to a new page I would like to display the table headers again into the new page. Do you know of any way to achieve this? Please help.

Thanks and regards,

Shivajiv.

Former Community Member
hi Shivajiv,

the is defined in the Pagination tab - the overflow leader.

Amanda

Former Community Member
hi everybody,

i'm back with good news. First of all i apologize for having not being able to pay more attention to this topic before and sent earlier the solution to the problem i posed ... rough times. Sorry!

Theoretically:

each time the left-->right expanding of the table reaches the right edge of my doc. i start a new table and set there the remaining columns, that did not fit the first table.

That's all folks. If somebody is interested in the technical details just let me know.

ps.

Shivajiv --> i just don't go into your issue, cause i recon you've by now already got the solution.

bye