Expand my Community achievements bar.

required fields...

Former Community Member
I am creating a request for quote form, and I want to know if there is a way to require that a field be "checked" in order for the form to be submitted or even before the person filling it out can go to the next field. For example our request for quote will pertain to printing, so the following questions all need to be answered/responded to, quantity, item, ink, stock, printing process (raised, flat, lasersafe, etc), bindery, etc. Is there a way that I can MAKE them respond to each field before being able to go to the next field. Reason being, we get so many request for quotes that simply say... "I need some business cards on white stock"... how much will that cost. I want them to HAVE to answer the questions... please tell me this can be done! Thanks!

mlg
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Your posting from last August does not appear to have been answered publicly. Did you ever solve the problem? If so, I would be grateful for the solution as I have a similar requirement.

hlf

Former Community Member
the property to make a field mandatory is:

field.mandatory=

* "disabled" -- makes the field "optional".

* "warning" -- warns the user that the field should be filled but doesn't cause an error (i.e. form can still be submitted).

* "error" -- makes the field required.

the permission to fill a field:

field.access =

"open"

"readOnly"

You can make a function that if one field is not empty don't let you fill another. And on the second field, you can put a function with an alert like ("You must fill first XXX").