Expand my Community achievements bar.

Remove Email Option

Level 2
Is there a way to remove or disable the email option when you run the Distribute Form process? We currently do not want the end users to be able to email the form back.

I tried bringing the distributed form back into Live Cycle and deleting the button, and just saving it, but that removes the rights for the user to save the form as well. I have to run it through Distribute Form again, which puts the "submit by email" back in.

Thanks,

Rosanne Brackney
5 Replies

Former Community Member
How else are they going to get it back to you?

Level 2
I don't want it coming back to me. I don't work for the police, I'm just the form designer. They need to do a save as while they are in the police car, then later they will either print it out for the records dept, or email it as an attachment to all the proper people in the chain of command.

Former Community Member
Then why are you using the Distribute Form option ....it is meant for you to send out a form and then get the replies back to consolidate. remove the email button, save it as a PDF. Then create an email yourself (for distribution) and attach the PDF to the email.

Level 2
Because when I do that, it removes user rights, and they can't fill out the form and save it with the data in it. They DO need to be able to do that.

OK, disregard this question, I figured it out. I didn't realize that I had to choose Distribute Form, but NOT actually run it. I saw that I could cancel out of it and then just go to Advanced and Extend Features in Adobe Reader.

Former Community Member
So when you edit the PDF file it will remove the rights...make your modification. Save the file back out again and add the rights back.