Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Reader v8 doesn't display Submit By Email dialog box

Former Community Member
Hi all,<br /><br />This is a cross-post, but I'm getting desperate for an answer. I first posted this several months ago.<br /><br />I have a dynamic form I created with Livecycle Designer v7 which includes a Submit by Email button. When the form is used with the Reader v7, clicking this button displays a dialog box which asks the user to select their email method (desktop app or webmail). But when this button is clicked in Reader v8.0, this dialog box is not displayed - it just proceeds as though the desktop app was selected. This is very not good for my users, about half of whom use webmail. According to <a href="http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Reader/8.0/WS58a04a822e3e50102bd615109794195ff-7dbd.html" target="_blank">THIS</a> Adobe help document, the Reader v8.0 should also display this dialog box. Does anyone have any information that might help me solve this problem? <br /><br /><a href="http://home.socal.rr.com/warisdumb/Example.pdf" target="_blank"<CLICK HERE</a> to see a copy of the form. <br /><br />Thank you in advance!
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Can anyone at least confirm that they
do not have this problem?

Former Community Member
I also have this issue. Have you been able to find a solution?

Former Community Member
Yeah, I found a solution: I quit using Livecycle Designer! I got too frustrated with the bugs and compatibility problems. And, on top of that, getting help from Adobe was impossible unless I wanted to dish out an assload of money for their Enterprise Support package.

I ended up just teaching myself web design and built a webform. Much easier, and much more powerful as it turns out.

Former Community Member
Thanks for your answer Nick but I can't go that way in this case. My pdf forms are to fill in printed forms which were scanned into pdf and I created the form on top of that. They need to be printed exactly as they were scanned that's why I had to go with pdf. So I need to make this work but I see nothing at all that I can change in the forms or in Reader settings to go back to Adobe 7 behavior.

Former Community Member
Please? Ive been using a lot of time on my form, and unless I can fix this it is useless.