Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Reader v8 doesn't display Submit By Email dialog box

Former Community Member
Hi all,<br /><br />This is a cross-post, but I'm getting desperate for an answer. I first posted this several months ago.<br /><br />I have a dynamic form I created with Livecycle Designer v7 which includes a Submit by Email button. When the form is used with the Reader v7, clicking this button displays a dialog box which asks the user to select their email method (desktop app or webmail). But when this button is clicked in Reader v8.0, this dialog box is not displayed - it just proceeds as though the desktop app was selected. This is very not good for my users, about half of whom use webmail. According to <a href="http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Reader/8.0/WS58a04a822e3e50102bd615109794195ff-7dbd.html" target="_blank">THIS</a> Adobe help document, the Reader v8.0 should also display this dialog box. Does anyone have any information that might help me solve this problem? <br /><br /><a href="http://home.socal.rr.com/warisdumb/Example.pdf" target="_blank"<CLICK HERE</a> to see a copy of the form. <br /><br />Thank you in advance!
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Can anyone at least confirm that they
do not have this problem?

Former Community Member
I also have this issue. Have you been able to find a solution?

Former Community Member
Yeah, I found a solution: I quit using Livecycle Designer! I got too frustrated with the bugs and compatibility problems. And, on top of that, getting help from Adobe was impossible unless I wanted to dish out an assload of money for their Enterprise Support package.

I ended up just teaching myself web design and built a webform. Much easier, and much more powerful as it turns out.

Former Community Member
Thanks for your answer Nick but I can't go that way in this case. My pdf forms are to fill in printed forms which were scanned into pdf and I created the form on top of that. They need to be printed exactly as they were scanned that's why I had to go with pdf. So I need to make this work but I see nothing at all that I can change in the forms or in Reader settings to go back to Adobe 7 behavior.

Former Community Member
Please? Ive been using a lot of time on my form, and unless I can fix this it is useless.