Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

rawValue inside Tool Tip

Former Community Member
I have a field that asks for a year. Then several numeric fields asking for expenses for that year. I would like to have the tool tips for the expenses to display something like "[expenseField.caption] for [yearField.rawValue]". Is there a way to do that, or does the tool tip only display normal, static text?
2 Replies

Level 6
I found a way, but it requires you to force a re-render of the form. The form must be saved as dynamic for this to work.

Create two fields, TextField1 and TextField2. On the exit event of TextField2, put:

TextField1.assist.getElement("toolTip").value = this.rawValue;

TextField1.presence = "visible";

The second line of code forces the re-render (I tried this using Acrobat 8 ). I find it bizarre that setting the presence of a field that is already visible to visible has any effect, but the resetting of the tooltip doesn't work without the second line. Interestingly, it also works when you set another object on the page to visible. Acrobat seems to re-render the entire form. I'm curious to hear whether this works when using Acrobat or Reader 7 as the client.

Jared Langdon

http://www.jlangdon.ca

Former Community Member
Wow. It really can be done. I didn't think it was possible. Thank you.

Unfortunately my client wants forms that are saved as version 6 static for compatibility. But it's nice to know it can be done with dynamic forms.

And I tested it with Reader 7 (form was saved as version 8 dynamic) and it does work.