Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

LiveCyle Forms and LiveCycle Designer - Merging data

Level 6
Hello,

I´m using the following products:

Adobe Professional/Reader/Livecycle Designer = 8

LiveCycle FormServer (Forms) = 7.0

My questions are about using livecycle forms with livecycle Forms. I think this is the right forum because the functionality I´m getting seems to be more designer related.

The goal: merge data with template and execute some code (server side) while letting the template dynamic at client side.

1) Merge a xml file with a xdp file

The data is well merged. The code is executed at client and at server side.

2) Merge a xml file with a dynamic 8 pdf file

I get this message:

To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade

to the latest version of Adobe Reader from www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

For further support, go to www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html

I think this is "normal" because the version of LiveCycle Forms I´m using is 7.0. But if I want to work with pdf 8 files, what is the right version of Livecycle Forms? Do I need to whait until version 8? Where can I update (or download trial) of the latest versions: 7.1; 7.2?

Used:

RenderAtClient=true

FormPreference = "PDFForm";

3) Merge a xml file with a dynamic 7 pdf file

Doesn´t work: data will not merge; code will not run at the server and client side code will not work, too. However, if I try to merge the data with a dynamic pdf form created with livecycle designer 7.1, the data will merge.

In my opinion there are incompatible differences between how a liveCycle 7.1 pdf form and a Livecycle 8 pdf form (saved with version 7) is worked by LiveCycle Forms.

Despite this, there is some bugs in Livecycle Forms when working with PDF files. It woks well with xdp but not with pdf, maybe because a xdp is more simple to work with...

Is this solved in other versions? Where can I get them?

Thank you
0 Replies