Expand my Community achievements bar.

"Lotus Notes Mailman Error" on Email Submit.

Level 5
Email Submit button kicks back an error dialog with empty message string but with title "Lotus Notes Mailman Error" after hit "OK" button Reader opens another message "An error occurred while sending mail."

The template is Reader Extended for submit and environment we have is WindowsXP with service pack 1 and Lotus Notes Release 6.5.4.

Did any one experienced this situation? I found some useful information about this error on IBM's site bit for now no solution.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=475&context=SSKTWP&dc=DB520&uid=swg21224075&loc=en_US&cs...

Any help about workaround is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

SekharN.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Don't know if it will help, but my company used to have Lotus Notes R5 before upgrading to 7 this year. With 5 I found we had to uncheck a couple of boxes in the security settings in the User Preferences before we could generate the email.

Regards

Dave

Former Community Member
I have the very same problem after upgrading my OS from windows 2000 professional to windows XP Professional SP2. Before I upgraded, the email submit worked fine. I have Lotus notes 6.5.4.

Did you find a solution?

Former Community Member
I'm currently using Notes 7.0 on Windows XP SP2 with no problems. Upgrading to Notes 7 required no changes other than to ensure the Internet Options>Programs>Email default setting in the Control Panel read Lotus Notes rather than Outlook.

Former Community Member
Hi I have the same problem. I have exactly same configuration as dbuchanan. When I click emailing in Livecycle form i get a mailman error. Does anybody know a solution?