Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Process Data Creator ID not working

Former Community Member
Hi All (and Paul)

I want to send an email to the process creator when a request has been approved. The best way to do this, it seems, is to use the "EmailService - Send with Document" activity. In the to field, I do not have the option of process creator, so I need to find that value and insert. I did the following:

1) used SetValue activity to assign /process_data/creator_id to a variable called strID

2) used UserManagerLookupService to query for user with strID in Universal ID filter box and assign result-User to a variable called creatorUser.

3) used SetValue activity to assign /process_data/creatorUser/object/@email to a variable called creatorEmail

4) used EmailService activity to send email to creatorEmail.

I recorded and played back my process after attempting and it successfully retrieves a universal ID from the creator_id variable, but the UserManagerLookupService returns null users. I have tried with a couple different end users submitting the form and it always comes up null. Is there something wrong wit creator_id?

Thanks
7 Replies

Former Community Member
I have used the userLookup service without issue to retrieve that type of information....what is the UserManagerLookupService ...is that something you created or a sample? What category does it reside under. I do not seem to have it.

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

It is in the Foundaion category. Service name is UserManagerLookupService and Service Operation is Find User. I use the same activity successfully in the render PDF service by taking the strUserID set by Service Input task->User's ID which seems to grab the logged in user when the form is first rendered.

It would seem that the process data creator ID should have the correct GUID and not return a null vlue.

Former Community Member
OK I see what you mean now .....I have that service as well and use it all of the time. Lets start by making sure that the field that holds the current user is filled with a GUID on your form. Is that the case? Check the AWS_ASSIGNED_ID field in the data stream that is being returned to the server.

Level 10
So do you get the creator_id value properly? Try to put it in a variable and pass that variable to the user service (Universal ID) instead of using it directly.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hi Jasmin,

I do in fact do assign it to a variable (stringUserID) and then assign it to the "Find User" service operation Universal ID in the filter. It fails there too.

Paul, I have not checked the AWS_Assigned_ID in the data stream. I do see a valid GUID assigned to stringUserID from the creator_ID. So, I guess I need to amend the title of this topic to "UserManagerLookupService.Find User not working".

In fact, I use this same activity in another process, a custom render process, that works just fine. I looked at the GUID for both processes during playback and they are identical. It works fine in the custom render. In this other process, I see an error "Variable: null not found". When I expand the details, I see "com.adobe.workflow.template.document.VariabeNotFoundException: Variable: null not found".

Am I missing something?

Level 10
I've seen this "Variable: null not found" before. At this point your process is corrupted. It's trying to find a the value of a variable called 'null'!!!

I would suggest that you re-create your process and try again.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks Jasmin,

I will do that. I'll report back on the results.

Eric