Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Error in User Management and Assigning Role

Not applicable
Hi,

I have configured LDAP authentication on LiveCycle Server. I get the userlist with LDAP in my admin console under User Management - User & Groups. But as soon I click on any of the LDAP username I am getting error to contact administrator. Same also happens when I check the checbox infront of the username and tries to assing role.

My Livecycle server is on WAS6.1, I also have server setup on my local where the same LDAP i have configured and I am able to access users and assign role. Is there any problem with WAS6.1 ?

I checked the logs and i got following exception in server logs.

[10/24/08 10:57:58:467 EDT] 00000039 IDPLoggedExce W com.adobe.idp.common.errors.Logger$LogConsumer run UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread Hashcode: 1028668752] | [com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManagerBean] errorCode:8193 errorCodeHEX:0x2001 message:getPrincipal public chainedException:java.lang.NullPointerExceptionchainedExceptionMessage:null chainedException trace:java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManagerBean.getCacheKeys(DirectoryServicesManagerBean.java:1583)

at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManagerBean.findPrincipal(DirectoryServicesManagerBean.java:1608)

at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.EJSLocalStatelessDirectoryServicesManagerBean_0dbf3d20.findPrincipal(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.um.api.impl.DirectoryManagerImpl.findPrincipal(DirectoryManagerImpl.java:138)

at com.adobe.idp.um.ui.user.CreateNewUserAction.doExecute(CreateNewUserAction.java:139)

at com.cc.framework.adapter.struts.ActionUtil.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.cc.framework.adapter.struts.FWAction.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.cc.framework.adapter.struts.FWAction.execute(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1075)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1016)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:145)

at com.adobe.framework.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:173)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130)

at com.adobe.idp.um.auth.filter.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:154)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130)

at com.adobe.idp.um.auth.filter.PortalSSOFilter.doFilter(PortalSSOFilter.java:113)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:87)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:771)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:679)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:546)

at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:478)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:90)

at com.ibm.ws.web
1 Reply
Not applicable
Hello Do anyone get anything about above exception, or is there any other information needed, please let me know ?

I still cannot found the solution for above problem, and it stops me to configuring users on Adobe LiveCycle ES, we have purchased Livecycle ES version 8.0