Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Problems with deploying application to Policy Server 7.2.1 & DSS 7.2.2

Former Community Member
Hiya -<br /><br />I've been using Policy Server 7.0.2 and Document Security Server 7.0.2 to policy protect PDFs.<br /><br />I've recently just installed Policy Server 7.2.1 & DSS 7.2.2 on another machine and am now trying to use the same EJB deployed on the previous PS & DSS on the newer versions. Unfortunately I'm running into some problems which I don't really understand.<br /><br />Basically I can deploy the EJB (called PolicyApplication.jar) and it appears to deploy OK - it appears in the jmx-console (I'm using jboss 3.2.5), but when I try and attach to it from my remote application I get the following error (see stack trace below).<br /><br />I'm using SSL and have imported the certificates into the java environment cacerts files for both the client & the server.<br /><br />Looking through the stack trace I get the error 'Error looking up PolicyManagerEJB -- Cannot connect to server' and the application seems to be trying to make a connection to localhost and being refused, but I don't really understand why it's being refused.<br /><br />Basically I have DSS & PS running on the same instance of jboss - the client is running on a different machine, so I have permissioned through the firewall port 1099.<br /><br />I seem to be able to use <servername>/edc/Main.do with no problems at all.<br /><br />I also seem to have some MissingResourceExceptions in the adobe.log for a number of different services:<br /><br />2007-01-30 14:41:52,473~DEBUG~com.adobe.idp.um.scheduler.IDPScheduler~com.adobe.service.Service.start Service IDPScheduler: Exception while attempting to read initialization properties from com/adobe/config/IDPScheduler-init<br />java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name com/adobe/config/IDPScheduler-init, locale en_US<br /><br /><very long stack trace here><br /><br />2007-01-30 14:41:57,445~DEBUG~com.adobe.document.PDFManipulation~com.adobe.service.Service.start Service PDFManipulation: Exception while attempting to read initialization properties from com/adobe/config/PDFManipulation-init<br />java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name com/adobe/config/PDFManipulation-init, locale en_US<br /><br /><very long stack trace here><br /><br />2007-01-30 14:41:59,958~DEBUG~com.adobe.service.APSProxyService~com.adobe.service.Service.start Service APSProxyService: Exception while attempting to read initialization properties from com/adobe/config/APSProxyService-init<br />java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name com/adobe/config/APSProxyService-init, locale en_US<br /><br /><very long stack trace here><br /><br />Could someone please give me some advice on how I can try and debug this issue, and what could be wrong. As per usual I've left this late and really need to get this going ASAP, so any help anyone could provide would be very very gratefully received.<br /><br />Below is the stack trace I receive at the client end. I've had to summarise it as it's quite long - will post the full thing is a second post.<br /><br />Once again, many thanks in advance,<br />Anil.<br /><br />----<br /><br />com.adobe.edc.sdk.SDKException: Exception connecting to the Server -- An error occured while performing this operation(error code bin: 1, hex: 0x1)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.sdk.impl.ExceptionHandler.throwException<br /><br />Caused by: com.adobe.edc.sdk.SDKException: Error authenticating against server -- Authentication failed(error code bin: 513, hex: 0x201)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.sdk.impl.ExceptionHandler.throwException(ExceptionHandler.java:50)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.sdk.impl.ejb.EJBConnection.getConnection<br /><br />Caused by: com.adobe.edc.sdk.SDKException: Error looking up PolicyManagerEJB -- Cannot connect to server(error code bin: 1025, hex: 0x401)<br /><br />Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is: <br /> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Full stack trace here:<br /><br />com.adobe.edc.sdk.SDKException: Exception connecting to the Server -- An error occured while performing this operation(error code bin: 1, hex: 0x1)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.sdk.impl.ExceptionHandler.throwException(ExceptionHandler.java:78)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.sdk.impl.ExceptionHandler.throwException(ExceptionHandler.java:88)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.sdk.EDCFactory.connect(EDCFactory.java:190)<br /> at com.semantico.depp.drm.manager.impl.AdobeDRMManager.createConnection(AdobeDRMManager.java:122)<br /> at com.semantico.depp.drm.manager.impl.AdobeDRMManager.main(AdobeDRMManager.java:411)<br />Caused by: com.adobe.edc.sdk.SDKException: Error authenticating against server -- Authentication failed(error code bin: 513, hex: 0x201)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.sdk.impl.ExceptionHandler.throwException(ExceptionHandler.java:50)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.sdk.impl.ejb.EJBConnection.getConnection(EJBConnection.java:557)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.sdk.impl.ejb.EJBClientFactoryImpl.<init>(EJBClientFactoryImpl.java:63)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.sdk.EDCFactory.connect(EDCFactory.java:183)<br /> ... 2 more<br />Caused by: com.adobe.edc.sdk.SDKException: Error looking up PolicyManagerEJB -- Cannot connect to server(error code bin: 1025, hex: 0x401)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.sdk.impl.ExceptionHandler.throwException(ExceptionHandler.java:50)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.sdk.impl.ejb.EJBConnection.getPolicyManagerHome(EJBConnection.java:532)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.sdk.impl.ejb.EJBConnection.getConnection(EJBConnection.java:549)<br /> ... 4 more<br />Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is: <br /> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:649)<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:509)<br /> at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.sdk.impl.ejb.EJBConnection.getPolicyManagerHome(EJBConnection.java:528)<br /> ... 5 more<br />Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is: <br /> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect<br /> at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(Unknown Source)<br /> at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(Unknown Source)<br /> at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(Unknown Source)<br /> at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.jnp.server.NamingServer_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:530)<br /> ... 8 more<br />Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect<br /> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)<br /> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)<br /> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)<br /> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)<br /> at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)<br /> at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)<br /> at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)<br /> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)<br /> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)<br /> at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown Source)<br /> at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown Source)<br /> ... 14 more<br />com.semantico.depp.drm.exception.DRMException: Could not connect to DRM server<br /> at com.semantico.depp.drm.manager.impl.AdobeDRMManager.createConnection(AdobeDRMManager.java:129)<br /> at com.semantico.depp.drm.manager.impl.AdobeDRMManager.main(AdobeDRMManager.java:411)<br />Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException<br /> at com.semantico.depp.drm.manager.impl.AdobeDRMManager.closeConnection(AdobeDRMManager.java:142)<br /> at com.semantico.depp.drm.manager.impl.AdobeDRMManager.main(AdobeDRMManager.java:448)

Former Community Member
Hi Anil,

I would recommend switching to use the SDK in SOAP mode. If that works, then it is likely a networking/firewall issue with allowing the client to connect via EJB.

Hope this helps,

-Bill

Former Community Member
Hi Bill -

Thanks for the advice. I set the connection method to SOAP & created property containing the service URL and still received the same error message.

I also tried to enter the service URL for the webservice and received the xml response I was expecting. So I'm still a little confused.

What confuses me more though is that one of the error messages I receive is an RMI connection exception:

Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1

So it seems that some operation on the server is trying to connect to localhost to get at PolicyManagerEJB.

I have ports 8080, 8443 & 1099 open and so I'm confused as to what other port the server would be trying to talk on.

Anyway, many thanks for your help.

Anil.

Former Community Member
Hi Bill -

I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I got this error resolved. The problem was unrelated to the drm server itself, and was (as you correctly identified) a network issue.

I just wanted to drop you a line and say thanks for your response.

Many thanks,

Anil.

Former Community Member
Hi Anil,

Glad to hear it was resolved. Good luck!

-Bill