Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Best design method

Level 4
I'm developing a new form with a checklist containing 6 sections that hold a total 142 items. Every item is on its own line and consists of a section number, reference number, item description, a set of radio buttons (Yes, No, N/A); and a small comment section which remains hidden until it is requested then it appears on its own line directly below the item.<br /><br />I've tried a couple of different methods but nothing seems to work (at least without a horrendous amount of work). Tables seemed the most logical and fastest method, but I couldn't figure how to get the hidden comment row to appear correctly -- row 2 directly follows row 1 unless the comment field is requested then it becomes:<br />Row 1 followed by <br />Row 1's comment field, then <br />Row 2, etc. etc. etc.<br /><br />After multiple attempts on the table method, I tried the subform route. This works, but adding 284 subforms with all 7 fields will take more time than I've got (between now and when I retire! <grin>). <br /><br />I've also found copying the "Add comments" button and the Comments text field directly from the purchase order (online tutorial), and renaming the fields usually works. However if I copy the renamed fields it doesn't -- hair pulling level of frustration. AND I haven't even addressed the 'page break' issue.<br /><br />Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas? The name of good wig-maker?
0 Replies