Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with XPAAJ, reading a XDP file.

Former Community Member
Hi,

we try to merge a Adobe Form Document with data provided by a normal XML file. We are using the Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1 and XPAAJ. When we use a PDF file generated by the Adobe LC Designer everything works fine, but if we try it with a XDP file we get an error. The following error appears at PDFFactory.openDocument(new FileInputStream("adobeForm.xdp")):

"Caught exception: Stream does not represent a PDF document."

Even when we use XPAAJ to generate a XDP and use this XPD file, we get an error:

com.adobe.pdf.exceptions.XDPParseException: Content is not allowed in trailing section.

Maybe someone can help me with that?

thx, a lot

cya
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Hi,
According to xpaaj_sdk\docs\Readme.htm:

XML/PDF Access API for Java fails to read XDP files that are created in Adobe Designer 6, 0, 040428, 1

XML/PDF Access API for Java fails to read an XDP file that is created in Adobe Designer 6, 0, 040428, 1. If XML/PDF Access API for Java methods use an XDP file that is created in Designer, an exception is thrown that states:

[errorMessage : Caught exception: Stream does not represent a PDF document.]

However I have tried the same using an XDP generated from Designer 7.0 and I got the same Exception.

Which XDP file version is then supported by XPAAJ? Is this API still supported any way? I ended up trying this API hoping it would allow me to convert XDP files into PDF ones. Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

-Nestor