Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem logging into Workflow Designer

Former Community Member
Hi,

here is my problem. Workflow 7.0 is installed on W2k3 EE (with Forms and Form Manager) via turnkey installation ( and is on Jboss of course). I've got four other computers in domain. All with XP. And only from one i can login into Workflow Designer. All computers has access to server (with workflow installed), and to server with AD. Workflow is integrated with LDAP (i see new users added in AD after synchronization). And the problem is: that i can log into workflow designer only from one computer. And on all users that have process developer rights i can also log (on that one and only computer). On all other computers i got the following error:

java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException

at $Proxy1.login(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.workflow.client.QLCSessionImpl.login(QLCSessionImpl.java:116)

at com.adobe.workflow.saf.SAFLoginDialog$3.run(SAFLoginDialog.java:122)

Caused by: java.io.InvalidObjectException: inauthentic principal assertion

at com.adobe.idp.Context.getValidatedAuthResultFromAssertion(Context.java:291)

at com.adobe.idp.Context.readResolve(Context.java:246)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadResolve(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)

at java.rmi.MarshalledObject.get(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.interfaces.JRMPInvokerProxy.invoke(JRMPInvokerProxy.java:136)

at org.jboss.invocation.MarshallingInvokerInterceptor.invoke(MarshallingInvokerInterceptor.java:67)

at org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:46)

at org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:53)

at org.jboss.proxy.ejb.StatelessSessionInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInterceptor.java:100)

at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:85)

... 3 more

com.adobe.workflow.client.QLCException: Login failed, or you do not have permissions to login to this application

at com.adobe.workflow.client.QLCSessionImpl.login(QLCSessionImpl.java:126)

at com.adobe.workflow.saf.SAFLoginDialog$3.run(SAFLoginDialog.java:122)

I've tryied reinstalling system, jdk, workflow designer and nothing helped.

Maybe someone has any clue.

Regards
8 Replies

Level 9
Hi Lukasz

A couple of thoughts...

1. Can you log in from all the machines as administrator/password? If you can, then it's a username/password problem (probably related to LDAP synch) rather than an installation problem.

2. Can all the machines ping the server?

3. Did you install the server patch? If you did, then you must also follow the instructions for installing the patch in workflow designer.

4. When you installed WF Designer, did you specify the correct hostname of the server?

5. Compare the qlc/qlc-config.xml file on each machine - are they identical?

Regards,

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Level 9
PS Try running Designer with this command line:

"C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\Workflow 7.0 Designer\adobe_livecycle_workflow_7_0_designer.exe" -is:javaconsole

This may help to diagnose the problem.

Howard

Former Community Member
Hello -

this error: java.io.InvalidObjectException: inauthentic principal assertion is almost always caused by having a different version of the "com.adobe.idp.Context" class on the server and the client. Make sure that you have complimentary versions of workflow designer and workflow server installed.

Good luck!

Will@Adobe

Former Community Member
Hi,

Howard's first post:

1 - i can't log as administrator/password from any other machine than my

2 - all the machines can ping server by name and by ip

3 - i don't know anything about that patch (so didn't install)

4 - yes

5 - yes, they are identical

Howard's second post:

that is from where i took the error message

Mr. Style's post:

i compared the size of workflow designer on my machine and on other and

EUREKA, they are different, also i got some extra directories in workflow designer directory (but this is because of using janel trick), so i copy all extra directories and workflow designer exe to other machines and now it's working.

Thank You Mr. Styles.

ps. still don't know how to check workflow designer version and from where i got different version on my machines (i was sure that i installed from one archive)

Level 9
Hi

It's possible that the problem was caused by mismatched versions of Java on the client and the server (?)

Perhaps Janel is picking up one version of Java, and the Adobe launcher is picking up another?

Howard

Former Community Member
Hi,

i noticed that in workflow designer directory on my machine there were a directory called _jvm and it wasn't on other machines (it looks like jdk). Don't remember if janel installed (and use) it but the version of jdk in _jvm is different from already installed jdk on my machine. But _jvm is the same version that is on server. And that was the problem ;)

But now it works.

Thank You all

Former Community Member
i know, janel uses _jvm, it's written in .lap file ;)

Łukasz

Former Community Member
Hello again -

Glad you are up and running. Things could have been a bit confusing for a little while - there were actually three separate releases of the Workflow 7.0 product - the different releases targeted different appserver and database combinations. Along the way the context object did change to fix some bugs, which resulted in incompatabilities between the three separate releases. I imagine it may have been confusing to know which release specifically you had installed, especially if you had installed any form of trial version.

Have fun!

Will@Adobe