Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Problem deploying components (linux-jboss)

Former Community Member
I'm trying to install Livecycle ES in Linux with jboss

The installation ends with some errors about not found files like: ps_ass_jboss_files , titan_ass_jboss_deploy_common_files, gw_ass_deploy_common_files

Spite of this I can configure some steps using ConfigurationManager.

Even I can start jboss, deploy the EARs and use the Administration console.

But when I try to deploy the components I can show some warnings (I guess related to the previous errors):

Missing files:

- adobe-scheduler-jboss-dsc.jar

- adobe-core-compat-7to8-jboss.ear

- adobe-appscheduler-jboss-dsc.jar

- adobe-rightsmanagement-jboss-dsc.jar

- adobe-workspacepersistence-dsc.jar

Affected Solution Components:

- Adobe LiveCycle Rigths Management ES

- Adobe LiveCycle Foundation

- Adobe LiveCycle Process Management ES

Can somebody help me?

Thanks
10 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi,

I am new to using this product and apologize in advance if some of my questions don't make sense...

I am having problem deploying components using Configuration Manager.

The error I get this error" Failed on 'Deploying DSC adobe-repository-provider-dsc.jar'

Ultimately I need to invoke LiveCycle ES Using Web Services. I was following instruction to create .NET assemble but running the following line:

wsdl http://localhost:8080/soap/services/AssemblerService?WSDL

That didn't work so assume I need to use Configuration Manager first. Can configuration be related at all to wsdl problem?

Thanks a lot.

Alla.

Level 4
Yes, configuration can be related to your WSDL problem.

- Stop your appserver instance hosting LiveCycle.

- Back up or delete your appserver logs

- Make sure the logging threshold is set to INFO or better

- Start the appserver instance

- Watch the appserver log closely and ensure there are no errors while LiveCycle is started. If there are, fix those before attempting any programming calls against LiveCycle.

Usually, DSC deployments in Linux run into trouble for the following reasons:

- the user JBoss runs as does not have read/write privileges to the folders for lc_temp or lc_global_storage or /tmp

- the filesystem(s) hosting those folders runs out of allocated diskspace.

- Jayan

Jayan Kandathil

Former Community Member
Thanks for reply. I just read that LiveCycle ES doesn't work with Java SDK 1.6. So I will try to use 1.5 instead and see if it solved my problem. If not, you'll, hear from me again :-)

Level 4
The only JDK version supported for LiveCycle ES is 1.5 (or 5.0 as Suns Marketing folks call it). Neither JDK 1.4.x nor 1.6.x (6.0) are supported.

This applies to Sun's HotSpot, IBM's J9 as well as Bea's JRockit JDK implementations.

- Jayan

Jayan Kandathil

Former Community Member
Well, I installed 1.5 and it didn't help. I tested JBoss server buy running run.bat file and saw no errors after I reinstalled LiveCycle ES.

I was able to see JBoss by going to http://localhost:8080

I tried to access admin screen but I don't know what user id and password to enter.

I ran config manager again and I am getting error deploying a different file now (since I chose to configure all components as opposed to just PDF Generator) The error now is "Failed on deploying DSC adobe-event-dsc.jar".

I am trying to install it on my local machine. Can this be an issue? Do i have to install it on web server?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alla.

Level 4
You dont need to install it on any web servers. The default userID is Administrator and the default password is password.

Former Community Member
I redownloaded install and reinstalled LiveCycle on my machine. I had no problem with install but deply is failing again. This time it failed on some other file.

As you suggested I shut down Jboss and started it from command prompt.

If i run run.bat -c default or run -c minimal i get no errors.

But whe I try to start it with run -c all, I get a lot of errors.

I looked at the event viewer and I saw no errors showing up there after I installed LiveCycle.

Thanks for any help.

Level 4
The 'minimal' and 'default' configurations of JBoss are not enough for LiveCycle because they do not start all of the required appserver services. LiveCycle absolutely requires the 'all' configuration of JBoss. You can rename it to anything you'd like.

Because you are getting a lot of errors with the 'all' configuration, please double-check that you have performed all of the configuration steps reqiuired for the 'all' configuration and not the others. In fact, to avoid future confusion, please delete the 'minimal' and 'default' folders and keep only the 'all' folder.

Former Community Member
Hi,

Please do not reuse threads that are not directly related to your question. If you are doing a new install/config and have a new issue it is cleanest to start a new thread with the specific issue referenced in it. Otherwise it is hard to get good information out of the thread.

Thanks C.

Chris de Groot

Senior Product Manager

Adobe Systems Inc.

Former Community Member
I will in future. I wasn't familiar with how to use it and was thinking it will open a new one.

Thanks!