Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

ant run fails every time; ant cleancompile seems to run fine

Former Community Member
Following both DataExtraction samples, I get snagged on the "ant run" step and don't know where to look for a solution. Here's a snippet of what I type and what results:

localhost:/opt/adobe/livecycle8/LiveCycle_ES_SDK/samples/Forms/DataExtractionandUpdateDB/build # ant run

Buildfile: build.xml

run:

[java] java.lang.IllegalStateException

[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.execute(ExecuteJava.java:180)

[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.run(Java.java:710)

[java] at

[java] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.run(ExecuteJava.java:202)

[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.execute(ExecuteJava.java:134)

[java] ... 15 more

[java] Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ejb/EJBException

[java] at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClientFactory.evaluateMessageDispatcher(ServiceClientFactory.java:512)

[java] at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:215)

[java] ... 23 more

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 0 seconds
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Two issues but the problem persists:
<br />1) Once I copied the deployment file test-ds.xml to /opt/jboss/server/all/deploy, I had to restart jboss
<br />2) I then received an xml processing instruction error:
<br /> The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed
<br />which was remedied by removing all the noise before:
<br /><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<br />in my test-ds.xml
<br />
<br />I'm still not there, but thought this important to share..

Former Community Member
How can I verify that processFormSubmission is running or not?

(this is a required service according to:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/es/samples/Forms.7.7.html

but I don't see it in my adminui >> archive/services administration)

Former Community Member
If I am in Workbench ES and when browsing the services see Forms>>Forms - 1.0>>processFormSubmission, is that sufficient proof that the service is in fact running and that my problem lies elsewhere?

Former Community Member
Eureka!
<br />
<br />I am still struggling with my linux installation, but my winxp turnkey looks ok on the DataExtractionAndUpdateDB sample finally. One obstacle I had to overcome was already divulged in another post; it just didn't make it here: the first xml processing instruction (<?xml version="1.0" ..="" etc=""?>
followed by comments on what test-ds.xml does needed to be removed. Following this, the xml file was well formed and could be parsed by the app.
<br />
<br />This doesn't fix this thread's specific issue, but I am confident that I can continue eval using winxp for the time being. Hope this helps someone.