I've had this problem as well (and still do!). It seems the more you tinker with a table the more it crashes. For me, it often happens when manupulating the objects in a cell within design view, and using undo/redo. It's very irritating!
Had the same problem here some time ago...
At first it was all right and then came the point when it allways crashed if I created a table... (and on many other occasions)
Right now I've put the LC designer CD into my PC and only run LC when it's inside.
Since I do that, I only got about 5% of the crashes I got before. *thinks* And it seems a bit to me, that with the time the crashes get even less...
Don't know why it works... but it works... and as long it does this, I won't question it ^^
Wow. Adobe wants me to BUY this software? Although it crashes when working on pretty much anything, I can't even touch a dynamic table without it crashing. I'm using LC ES Designer 8.2 (tryout version). Build 188.8.131.5229.523496. It would be pretty neat if someone from Adobe could at least comment on this thread and let us know if there is a fix. hmmm... Maybe I should just look into MS Infopath instead.
I have this happening when I open a brand new file and try to create a table with 6 cells and 10 rows. Won't even display the table before it crashes. My company was looking into purchasing this software but if it can't even create a table on a blank file, there is no way I'm recommending it to anyone.
It's me again -- I had to create a new user ID when the forums moved. Well, LiveCycle 8.2 is back to its old tricks -- crashing when I try to add a table. This time it's af orm with only 3 tables and it's not large -- 200 Kb. The machine is a new Dell e4300 wih WinXp SP3. I can work around the table formatting with a bunch of rectangles and lines, but it's *really* annoying that this bug hasn't been fixed. If there's a crash log to send to Adobe, I'd be happy to do so. Grrr . .. .
There is a posting on one of the other threads that describes how to remove all the temporary files from the app data folders. After doing that, the problem largely disappeared for me. Try searching on the words LiveCycle and Crash and you should find the information (or just fish around in app data and delete anything adobe related).