Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Need Help with BAM

Former Community Member
I need to use BAM but I have no idea how to handle this.

My first question is: How to install BAM. I have workflow installed. Is BAM installed already with Workflow (typical installation)?

2nd question: Do I need any extra Data Bases or modify any files (till now I was using MySql)

3rd question: After succesfull installation (let's hope so) should I start two instances of jboss? (one normal for workflow , second for BAM)

Thank you very much for any information you could give me.

Greetings,
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Hello zofia,

if you used the turnkey installation, the BAM will be installed with the workflow.

After installation (case of turnkey installation) you will have two services one for the WorkFlow and the other for the BAM, but deployed in separated instances, in addition they are already configured to not have a conflict between the two instances.

if you have a process of workflow already designed and deployed, and you want manage it through the BAM, you should change the properties of the workflow via the window "workflow properties" of the workflow designer and check the option Monitor Access.

After this you should do the following steps:

- open http://localhost:9080/clequest/workbench

- login as administrator with the default login system/manager

- go to Administration console

- click on import/Export buttom

- choose "import Metadata from a jar file (upload)" as Operation

- browse to "installation_folder/livecycle/workflow/bam/BAMAppTemplate and choose the adequate file (adobeImport_MySQL.jar)

- open http://localhost:9080/clequest/ and you can see all the available deployed workflow under "all dashboard" section

Former Community Member
Thank you for your help. Now I will need some more :)

I have a sample workflow with "booking" vacation/days off in company. So first you have to choose a person and write a number of days free. In next step workflow generates another document based on previously entered data. Form goes to the boss who has to decide whether or not give approval to it ( He also can see how many free days does the emploee have). After that the employee gets another document with appropriate information if his request was accepted or not.

And now the question. How can I show my clients , based on this workflow,f.ex creating 3-dimensional cubes. How can I do that? Can he see f.ex. how often does one emploeey ask for days off. How many days off which person have and so on. What else can I show them. I tried to understand the workbench cubes but I wasn't able to do that. Is there any docs for workbench?