Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Merge XDP Templates

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have 4 different XDP templates and the pdfs are rendered for each template perfectly . So in all 4 different PDFS are generated during runtime. All the 4 templates have different Master Page . My question is can we merge the 4 templates so that only one PDF get generated?

I know there are API's which do merge PDFs but we want to check whether there is any funcitonality in Form Server 7.1 to achieve this.

Thanks,

Mohit
1 Reply

Former Community Member
mohit_gupta@adobeforums.com wrote:

> Hi,

>

> I have 4 different XDP templates and the pdfs are rendered for each template perfectly . So in all 4 different PDFS are generated during runtime. All the 4 templates have different Master Page . My question is can we merge the 4 templates so that only one PDF get generated?

>

> I know there are API's which do merge PDFs but we want to check whether there is any funcitonality in Form Server 7.1 to achieve this.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Mohit

Stitching multiple XDP templates together is a very difficult thing to do and there are currently no

commercially available products that will do it. You're better off taking one of the following

approaches:

- If your forms are dynamic (i.e. the form grows or shrinks) then you're better off building a

single XDP template with 4 separate body page definitions

- If your forms are static, then you can merge the PDFs as a post process using LiveCycle

Assembler or some other commercially available software that will merge PDFs together.

--

Justin Klei

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com