Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Merge Cells

Former Community Member
Is it possible to merge table cells on a click of a button? If so how?
4 Replies

Former Community Member
yup figured it out...have to use colSpan = "1" and then the one your merging it with has to be colSpan = "0";

Now I wonder if you can add a column dynamically so at the start theres 4...you click a button and another column comes. Any idea's any body

Former Community Member
As for the dynamic columns. I figured it out, but it's not that easy. Please check my example at:

http://oceanic.wsisiz.edu.pl/~kordulas/ftp/formularze/tests/dynamic_column.pdf

you can see, that you can add rows with one button and column with other. If you look at the hierarchy in designer, you should quickly understand how it works. The only thing now is to properly count the ammount of rows and add them to every additional column. THe other thing to do is to reduce the ammount of columns to appear. If you have some problems with developing this, please let me know at kordulasinski.krzysztof@gmail.com

Former Community Member
thats just creating tables side by side....not really adding columns...I've found a better solution at http://forms.stefcameron.com/category/tables/

But this is what I'm really after...I have a table already...with 4 columns...I click on a button on row1 it merges the 3 of the 4 cells together. This button is used to insert tables so I want the user to be prompted with what are the dimensions of the table? Then they can put 3X3. This will then insert a table2 in row1 of table1 so we have nested tables. Is there anyway to get user input to create tables?

Level 1

Hello there!

Maybe somebody here already write script for: found in selected table (3 colums) 2 empty cells, merge this cells with cell from first column (with text), then apply to merged cell cell style, paragraph style, character style