Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Manipulating inputs

Former Community Member
Well, I'm trying to fix a form where it has a field that you place in your time. Below it will be several feilds that when numbers are plugged into them they will decrease the orignal number you typed in.

I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

~Thanks

~~AJ

PS. Using LiveCyle 8.0.
4 Replies

Level 7
Can you be more specific?

Is this a time of day (1:00 pm Dec 17, 2008) or period of time (1 hour and 30 minutes)?

Former Community Member
More specific?

Well do... Period of Time.

Fields.

a b c

[ ] [ ] [ ]

I'd like to be able to do the following:

Plug in 9 hrs in field a.

a b c

[9] [ ] [ ]

And then plug in 3 hrs into field b along with 5 hrs into c.

a b c

[1] [3] [5]

And it automatically subtracts from field after I plug in the value.

So, basically, I want the value that they plugged in changed to fit that scheme; however, upon clicking back on the feild they can still see the number they entered in. I believe its possible, I'm just not exactly sure on how to do it all.

Level 7
:"The only dumb question, is the question not asked!"

Well, if one has a time sheet into which a person enters start and stop times the time worked for a single day can be computed and then if one has the daily data for the pay period, one could also sum the time worked for each day and have the total time worked during the pay period and with some additional work could determine the amount and type of U.S. overtime. And this is one example of computing time intervals and totaling time values.

Your requirement can not be done, once one leaves a field it that field gets recalculated you will lose the previous value.

Former Community Member
Ok.

Thank you anyway.

Um, well I have another question as well.

I've been having problems with permissions. I would like for 14 of my fields to have the ability to enter in a decimal number as well as having the option to fill in a three letter word.

I've currently have my fields set to Text Field and I've tried playing around with the patterns but I have no luck. I keep getting invalid patterns. Is there away around this? If so, how?