Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Make filled in form static

Level 1
Is it possible to have a fillable form that is filled out static when it is saved?

I have a form that once it is filled out by the end user and when the end user saves it, the info becomes static and can not be changed when it is opened in the future.

I am using Acrobat 9.0 Standard.
6 Replies

Level 7
Add a signature filed and lock the fields upon signing.

Level 1
Is that possible if the end user is using Acrobat Reader or some other PDF viewer?

Tried it but I am not able to get it to work for me.

Any help will be appreciated.

Former Community Member
I am also looking into this situation. The problem with using a signature to lock the fields in the form is that the signature can be cleared and therefore unlock all the other fields. I recall a while back I found an option in a menu somewhere where it would make the form static if selected. It was so long ago that I cannot remember where that was. Anyone know what I'm referring to?

Level 7
You mean you can remove someone else's signature?

Removing you own signature, will be shown as a change in the signature navigation page as a change to the doucment.

Former Community Member
Yes, you can clear someone else's signature. If there's a way to stop this, I could use that as well.

Level 1

If you print the form to pdf ( File > Print > Printer Name: Adobe PDF), that will create a static PDF.