Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

LC8: Unable to add Radio Button with Text in imported PDF

Former Community Member
I am novice with LC and would appreciate your help.

I have created a 2 page form using InDesign CS3, printed to a PS file, distilled it with Acrobat Distiller 8.1.0, and then imported the resulting PDF into LiveCycle.

When I try to add a radio button (Standard Library), I end up with a radio button on the right side of the box and no way to add any text to the radio button.

When I create a blank document in LC8, radio button creation works as expected.

If I try to copy/paste the radio button that was successfully created in the blank document over to my imported document I get an error message "Parts of this object cannot be used in forms with PDF artwork." I click OK and I have a radio button with no text.

Any insight and help is much appreciated.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick info.

There is no text to edit. I have a box with a radio button at the far right side.

When I right-click on the radio button I get the following options: Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Rename Object..., Change Object Type>, Send Backwards, Send To Back, Palettes> and Add to Library...

When I tried the Radio Button in a document created in LC it workd as you mentioned. It is only when I import a PDF file.

I figure I probably have something configured incorrectly. I am using PDF 1.7 (Acrobat 8) when distilling.

I also noticed that some of the items in the Standard libarary are grayed out: Circle, Content Area, Image, Rectangle, Text, and Subform.

Lee

Former Community Member
Hi, Lee

I made a mistake i was talking about a Button, sorry.

I tried out with the radio button, what you asked for.

The only way i found was that when you import the form take the second option : "Create an Interactive Form with a Flowable Layout".

Regards Mike

Former Community Member
I just tried it. I made a cazillion text boxes out of my text. Hmmm... I will have to think about this a little more.

Thanks for you help,

Lee

Former Community Member
Is there a way to create more than one set of radio button groups?

I can get what I need if I can create more than one group. I have everything else I need.

Lee