Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Doing forms in other languages like Japanese

Former Community Member
I am getting some requests to make some forms in LiveCycle Designer in Japanese. I wonder what font or fonts to use. Do I use something that came with the Japanese font pack?

Does anyone have any samples of Japanese or Korean or Chinese forms I can look at that were done in LiveCycle Designer?

StevenD
2 Replies

Level 7
> Do I use something that came with the Japanese font pack?

No, this is not a form for you to design with. The Reader font pack is

not for that purpose and you SHOULD NOT INSTALL IT if you have Acrobat

Professional. Because it's for Reader. You do a custom install to

enable Far Eastern font support in Acrobat Professional.

You should use one of the Japanese fonts that comes with Windows when

you enable Japanese support for Windows.

>

>Does anyone have any samples of Japanese or Korean or Chinese forms I can look at that were done in LiveCycle Designer?

I don't know whether this works with Designer. It does work with

Acrobat forms. The END USER needs the language pack for Reader, if

they use Reader.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
>I don't know whether this works with Designer. It does work with

Acrobat forms.

Are you saying that I can design interactive forms using AcroForms for Asian users? I thought that couldn't be done.

One of the LiveCycle Designer Datasheets I have lists the languages that can be done in Designer. Chinese, Japanese, and Korean are three of the languages that can be done in Designer.

I did check with one of the guys in the translation office yesterday to see which fonts the Japanese translators are using and he gave me a list so I'm getting closer and starting to understand more.

Most of the language work I have been dealing with so far I haven't had to worry about setting up language support in Window so now I'm learning something new which is actually fun.

Thanks very much Aandi. You've been a great help.