Expand my Community achievements bar.

LC8: Unable to add Radio Button with Text in imported PDF

Former Community Member
I am novice with LC and would appreciate your help.

I have created a 2 page form using InDesign CS3, printed to a PS file, distilled it with Acrobat Distiller 8.1.0, and then imported the resulting PDF into LiveCycle.

When I try to add a radio button (Standard Library), I end up with a radio button on the right side of the box and no way to add any text to the radio button.

When I create a blank document in LC8, radio button creation works as expected.

If I try to copy/paste the radio button that was successfully created in the blank document over to my imported document I get an error message "Parts of this object cannot be used in forms with PDF artwork." I click OK and I have a radio button with no text.

Any insight and help is much appreciated.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick info.

There is no text to edit. I have a box with a radio button at the far right side.

When I right-click on the radio button I get the following options: Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Rename Object..., Change Object Type>, Send Backwards, Send To Back, Palettes> and Add to Library...

When I tried the Radio Button in a document created in LC it workd as you mentioned. It is only when I import a PDF file.

I figure I probably have something configured incorrectly. I am using PDF 1.7 (Acrobat 8) when distilling.

I also noticed that some of the items in the Standard libarary are grayed out: Circle, Content Area, Image, Rectangle, Text, and Subform.

Lee

Former Community Member
Hi, Lee

I made a mistake i was talking about a Button, sorry.

I tried out with the radio button, what you asked for.

The only way i found was that when you import the form take the second option : "Create an Interactive Form with a Flowable Layout".

Regards Mike

Former Community Member
I just tried it. I made a cazillion text boxes out of my text. Hmmm... I will have to think about this a little more.

Thanks for you help,

Lee

Former Community Member
Is there a way to create more than one set of radio button groups?

I can get what I need if I can create more than one group. I have everything else I need.

Lee