Expand my Community achievements bar.

JAVA API in Forms ES

Former Community Member
Hi

I have been trying to use the form api to use a xdp template for rendering it.

however when i try to hit the servlet i get the following error when the RenderUsageRightsForms method is invoked.

The following exception occurred: java.lang.NullPointerException

com.adobe.livecycle.formsservice.exception.RenderFormException: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.formServer.utils.Options.isCacheModeManual(Options.java:528)

at com.adobe.formServer.TemplateStream.validate(TemplateStream.java:131)

at com.adobe.formServer.TemplateStream.getTemplateStream(TemplateStream.java:212)

at com.adobe.formServer.Template.validate(Template.java:1165)

at com.adobe.formServer.Template.loadTemplateFromCache(Template.java:1209)

at com.adobe.formServer.RunTimeContext.getTemplate(RunTimeContext.java:1480)

at com.adobe.formServer.Controller.tweakXMLData(Controller.java:382)

at com.adobe.formServer.Controller.render(Controller.java:117)

at com.adobe.formServer.FormServer.renderForm(FormServer.java:191)

at com.adobe.formServer.FormServer.renderForm(FormServer.java:256)

at com.adobe.formServer.docservice.FormsDocService.renderForm(FormsDocService.java:446)

at com.adobe.formServer.docservice.FormsDocService.renderForm(FormsDocService.java:405)

at com.adobe.formServer.docservice.FormsDocService.renderPDFFormWithUsageRights(FormsDocService.java:135)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.doRequiresNew(EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.java:218)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor374.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)

at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.java:158)

Kindly advise

Thanks in advance

Avijit
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Avijit,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am also getting the same exception. I am getting this exception in Solaris while it works fine in windows environment.

Appreciate if you could share the resolution steps.

Thanks

Ravi

Level 2

Hi Avijit,

Did this problem ever get resovled? I'm running into the same issue after rebooting the solaris server, LC was working fine before the reboot.

Thanks in advance for any insight you could give.

Ed