Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Is Designer suitable for what I need?

Former Community Member
I want to do customer satisfaction surveys that can be completed over the web. I am looking at various on-line capture programmes (such as Snap Surveys) but it looks like Designer nearly gets there (might have to be some get arounds...)

I've looked through the help stuff and it seems you can make HTML forms through something called 'form server'. I tried doing it by email, but there is the hassle of the end user having to 'submit' the file, save it to their PC and then email it.

Anyway, I want end users to receive a link by email, click on that link to take them into a web-browser form, fill in some data (drop downs, check boxes, numbers, free text etc) and then submit the data back to me. I need to be able to handle the data easily at this end (by that I mean import it easily into Excel, where I can run analysis). 2 issues I've had are that firstly, with the email way of doing it (other than the hassle described above) is that all the files are the same name, with the problems that come with that. Secondly, if one person is filling out more than one form via their browser, the cache remembers what was filled in last time, which is no good.

Has anyone else had any experience of using Designer for something like this? Am I wasting my time? I do like a challenge and am fairly IT literate (and can get help from others who are more so). Any help/thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

Matt
2 Replies

Level 2
We use Snap and rate it extremely highly. I'd not bother with PDF myself.

Former Community Member
A PDF will do all of this for you. Let me know if you need further help.