Highlighted

I want to add a page to a form

28-08-2008

I am very very new to using Live Cycle. In fact, I stumbled upon it when we upgraded to Acrobat 8. I just finished using Live Cycle to design our company's new hire forms package. This consists of 12 pages of forms - and the HR manager insists it has to be one file. My question is, if I need to make edits to one of the forms, I can't seem to delete the page and insert a new one.

Is this not possible once it's made into a multiple page form?

I'm using LiveCycle Designer 8.0

Acrobat 8.0

Windows XP Pro

Dell Precision laptop

HP Laserjet 4250 printer

Replies

Highlighted

29-08-2008

In Designer, firstly go to Window and ensure you have Hierarchy selected. In this view pane you should be able to insert and delete pages during the design phase.
Highlighted

29-08-2008

Well I guess I started the whole form wrong, then. I don't have a master page. I have been reading more about LiveCycle, and it seems I have no clue what I'm doing.

What I did was take a Word document with no form fields. Saved it as a PDF. Opened Acrobat 8 and clicked Forms, Create Form. Followed the wizard and had it auto detect the fields.

Now I have this real pretty looking form with all these great fields, and it works great. Except, that if someone modifies one page in the multiple-page form, I have to re-PDF it and re-do all the fields again for the whole document because I cannot insert/delete a page.

I see Hierarcy under Window in LiveCycle. But, when I click on a page in the Hierarchy pane, I don't see an insert page option, just an insert page set, and that is greyed out.

When I click on the Insert menu, I see Insert Page, but it's greyed out.

Can someone point me in the direction of brand new, almost totally LiveCycle-illiterate, references so I can figure out what I am doing. I thought it was so cool to auto detect fields and it looks great, but I can't work with it if I have to redo the form whenever someone changes a page.

Gulp. Help?
Highlighted

30-08-2008

"Creating Dynamic Forms with Adobe LiveCycle Designer" by JP Terry is the only book I know of that is devoted to LC. It's pretty accessible and is as good a place to start as any. Beyond that; trial and error, this forum, and the links to other websites are the way to go. Don't forget there are some sample forms that you will find in your Adobe folder on your C:drive.

Good luck.
Highlighted

26-11-2008

On the same topic, I have a pdf file with one form on the last page but my client needs to be able to insert pages in acrobat on their own after the form is made. They don't have access to LiveCycle...but the insert page option in acrobat is greyed out...is there any way in acrobat around this? Or a setting I can make in LiveCycle?
Highlighted

06-02-2009

I am experiencing the exact same situation. Did anyone ever come up with a solution for Melanie?
Highlighted

gkaiseril

gkaiseril

gkaiseril

06-02-2009

You can make your forms in Acrobat. LiveCycle Desinger is an XML form within a PDF wrapper and many features of Acrobat are lost. This is also why there are differences with LiveCycle Designer's JavaScript and Acrobat JavaScript.
Highlighted

G0V_

G0V_

G0V_

27-10-2010

Wonderful.

Just another shortcoming of those forms and LC designer in general I guess...

Unable to add page because followed the steps from the wizard.

After two days of work & fine tuning I can just start over because I want to add a page 😕

Highlighted

aitorl

aitorl

aitorl

26-05-2011

The clue when importing a pdf into Adobe Lifecycle in order to generate a new Page, is to drag and drop the pages that Adobe Lifecycle generates under the section Pages into the section named (Master Pages).

Then you will be able to add as many pages as you want.

Be good!!

KellyC191

KellyC191

KellyC191

25-08-2011

Here's what I'm going to try.

Create the second page as a separate form.

Open the original form (page 1).

When you're not in Edit Form mode, you can add a page from a file. So, add the 2nd page and it should become a 2-page form.

I haven't tried this, but maybe it will work.I can't believe how difficult it is to use this software sometimes. It could be made much more user-friendly.