Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

I'm the only one who can submit PDF by e-mail!

Former Community Member
OK so I created this form, and I made the button to submit the PDF not the XML, and it worked great. For me.

The e-mail recipient tells me when anyone else tries to submit the form, the button changes color but nothing else happens. No e-mail window pops up. He said he has Outlook set up as his e-mail client, same as I do. He's not using webmail.

Of course it makes it more difficult that *I* have no problem submitting it!

Do you know the problem? You can see the form at http://yamhill.ucsd.edu/tps/pdfs/charter_form.pdf. If you try to submit it, just put "test" in a field, maybe "did you recieve this?" It won't go to me but the recipients will tell me whether they got anything.

I swear, they made this program WAY trickier than it should be. I hope future versions make this easier because judging from the forums, e-mail submission is a major issue for almost everyone.

Thank goodness for this forum or I would still be at square one. So thank you in advance for your help!
6 Replies

Former Community Member
I just tried it for you and it was sent from my client but I got a message from my exchange server that the address does not exist on that system. Here is the text of the message returned form Exchange:<br /><br />Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:<br /><br />leases@ucsd.edu<br />The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.<br /><br />The following organization rejected your message: outbounds6.obsmtp.com.<br /><br />Diagnostic information for administrators:<br /><br />Generating server: outbound-smtp-2.corp.adobe.com<br /><br />leases@ucsd.edu<br />outbounds6.obsmtp.com #<outbounds6.obsmtp.com #5.1.1 SMTP; 550 5.1.1 <leases@ucsd.edu>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table> #SMTP#

Level 2
Perhaps a stupid question, but: Is this form Reader Enabled by Acrobat or has it Reader Extensions applied on it? Otherwise 'submit as PDF' will only work for users having Acrobat. It won't work (you won't even get the e-mail window) when you only have Adobe Reader. (Because Reader (without extensions) won't allow to save forms)

Regards

Edgar

Former Community Member
Thanks, guys. I think that was the problem. I will enable the reader thing but as I understand it, I can't make changes to the form after I do that? So I'm tweaking some of the other things I needed to change and once that's done I will enable it. And I'm checking into that e-mail bounce, too. Thanks !!

Level 2
You can change afterwards, but need to re-apply these Reader Enabling or Reader Extensions. But be aware of the license restrictions. The reason why you can't do such things as saving PDF, is that Adobe won't allow you to do that with the license-free software.

For more information, take a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_LiveCycle_Reader_Extensions

Kind regards,

Edgar

Former Community Member
I am having the same issue. From this thread I understand I need to enable the form reader.

How (or where) do I activate this?

Thanks in advance

Level 2
From what I have seen you need to go under the Advanced menu in Adobe Professional and choose Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader.