Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to invoke the running process via email or watch folder?

Former Community Member
Hi,

I initial a process in workspace using a pdf form(xfaFrom type) variable.

It's a simple process. Just one assign task node to transfer the initial form to process creater.

The process works fine when submit in workspace.But I have some problem on offline submit.

I initialed the form on workspace and saved it to local file to edit it.

After editing the pdf form, how to let the local saved form go back to the process whith the correct data?

Here is my variable setting in process:

form type: xfaForm

render service : render PDF form (in forms sample catagory)

submit service : Submit PDF Form (in forms sample catagory)

I've tried to use email endpoint.

It will be back to the next step of the process, but the data will not be transfer to the form.

Then I've tried to use watchFolder endpoint.

And it did not work by some exceptions.

Failure Time----Tue Mar 18 10:23:52 GMT+08:00 2008

source location ---- Reason of failure is-----Cannot coerce object: <document state="active" senderVersion="3" persistent="false" senderPersistent="true" passivated="false" senderPassivated="true" deserialized="true" senderHostId="127.0.0.1/192.168.65.143" callbackId="0" senderCallbackId="0" callbackRef="null" isLocalizable="true" isTransactionBound="false" defaultDisposalTimeout="600" disposalTimeout="600" maxInlineSize="65536" defaultMaxInlineSize="65536" inlineSize="0" contentType="application/pdf" length="265731"><cacheId/><localBackendId/><globalBackendId/><senderLocalBackendId/><senderGlobalBackendId><DocumentFileID fileName="C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\jboss\server\all\svcnative\DocumentStorage\docm1205806202234\b680381b2f382c4aba702061e12876d6"/><senderGlobalBackendId/><inline/><senderPullServantJndiName>adobe/idp/DocumentPullServant/adobejb_server1</senderPullServantJndiName><attributes file="C:\Adobe watch folder\offline\stage\Wxebcb14694b8ef1aee4b27261\off.pdf"/></document> of type: com.adobe.idp.Document to type: class com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.form.impl.binarycontent.BinaryContentFormInstance

Cannot coerce object: <document state="active" senderVersion="3" persistent="false" senderPersistent="true" passivated="false" senderPassivated="true" deserialized="true" senderHostId="127.0.0.1/192.168.65.143" callbackId="0" senderCallbackId="0" callbackRef="null" isLocalizable="true" isTransactionBound="false" defaultDisposalTimeout="600" disposalTimeout="600" maxInlineSize="65536" defaultMaxInlineSize="65536" inlineSize="0" contentType="application/pdf" length="265731"><cacheId/><localBackendId/><globalBackendId/><senderLocalBackendId/><senderGlobalBackendId><DocumentFileID fileName="C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\jboss\server\

6 Replies

Former Community Member
is your problem solved?if not email me mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Level 10
Please post back the answer if you fix the issue. It's important to close the loop on the issue and not leave the post with an email sent out to someone with no resolution.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
hi

The problem is not completely solved.

The solved part is countinue the process by Email and there is still need to be soloved by watch folder. Here are some steps.

First, I set the email endpoint on "complete task" service(in process management catagory). Then configure the input parameter of the endpoint. The attachment parameter set to *.* and the mail from set to %SENDER%.

Second, the xfa form variable of process must have process fields and use the default render. So the process field data which are required to counitnue the process will be keeped.

Then it worked.

But when I check the "complete task" component(process management --> task notification catagory) used in "complete task" process. Some input parameters(Sender, attachment map) are required and can't be found if using watch folder. So there is still a problem by using watch folder.

Bking Chuang

Former Community Member
Hi Howard

I just import the process sample you create.

Then I tried the default render and the RenderPdfForm render within the process sample on my form. But both got the exception on invoking watch folder (ALC-DSC-600-000).

ALC-DSC-600-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.scheduler.impl.SchedulerRuntimeException: Failure to invoke the job completeWF

Ps. other processes using the watch folder service work fine.

Level 9
Sorry, I can't help.

Try contacting the author of the blog.

Howard