Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

View all

Sign in to view all badges

Having issue with <mx:request>

Avatar

Avatar
Level 1
boneill3
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Avatar
Level 1
boneill3
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
boneill3
Level 1

07-10-2008

The issue I’m having is that the request is supposed to
be like this:



<tns:GetListItems xmlns:tns="
http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">

<tns:listName>DTS Support</tns:listName>


<tns:viewName>73D2973D-03C1-4B32-BBB9-22A15D3B1F8D</tns:viewName>

<tns:viewFields>


<FieldRef
name=’Title’/>


</tns:viewFields>

</tns:GetListItems>



But it’s sending this:



<tns:GetListItems xmlns:tns="
http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">

<tns:listName>DTS Support</tns:listName>


<tns:viewName>73D2973D-03C1-4B32-BBB9-22A15D3B1F8D</tns:viewName>

<tns:viewFields>


<tns:Name>Title</tns:Name>

</tns:viewFields>

</tns:GetListItems>



This is what my mxml looks like:



<mx:WebService id="ws"

wsdl="
/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx?WSDL"


useProxy="false" showBusyCursor="false">

<mx:operation name="GetListItems"
result="GetList_Result(event)"

fault="mx.controls.Alert.show(event.fault.faultString)">

<mx:request>

<listName>DTS Support</listName>


<viewName>73D2973D-03C1-4B32-BBB9-22A15D3B1F8D</viewName>

<viewFields><FieldRef
Name='Title'/></viewFields>

</mx:request>

</mx:operation>

</mx:WebService>



I also tried putting the “<FieldRef
Name='Title'/>” into a string in actionscript and then
setting it to <viewFields>{strXML}</viewFields> but
then it sends it changes the brackets to &lgt;



I also tried sending the request in actionscript using
ws.GetListItems(...); but got the same result.



Thank you for your help, any and all suggestions are welcome!

Replies

Avatar

Avatar
Level 1
boneill3
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Avatar
Level 1
boneill3
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
boneill3
Level 1

09-10-2008

So, I ended up defining the xml file in the actionscript part
of the file. and then calling the query like this:



private function executeQuery():void

{

ws.Query(requestXML);

}