Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Going nuts switching to Acrobat 8

Former Community Member
I am a bit frustrated trying to figure out LifeCycle Designer 8 so please forgive the rant. I feel like I am running in mud!!!

I don't recall what version of Acrobat I used before (6 or 7) when creating PDF forms....but it was MUCH less cumbersome and "things" were not hidden or disabled.

Problems: Group Items, read the help twice, but can't find the elusive place to allow me to add/change the items in a group. Two of the items were added to the new group successfully, the third didn't make it even though it was selected. Now I can't seem to get it added to the mystery group I just created and can't get back to!

Disables properties randomly unless I click on the "sweet spot" of an item.

I just really feel like the Editor has replaced intuitive ways to group items, name them and bind them!!!

I am sure that its just me being new to this version....but would love some advice how to get to the "guts" on this thing. I am getting frustrated at deleting my fields upteen times to "try again".

Thanks!
1 Reply

Level 7
Are you sure you really wanted to convert to Designer? It sounds as if

you were using Acrobat forms before. You can still use them, just get

the Forms toolbar in Acrobat. (Note: you cannot ever go back with a

form edited in Designer).

Aandi Inston