Expand my Community achievements bar.

Global binding for radio buttons needs tweaking

Former Community Member
When selecting global binding for a text or numeric field, its corresponding field with the same name also changes to global binding.

However when doing this for radio button exclusion groups, the other radio button groups don't automatically change to global. You have to do it manually.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Did you ever get this to work, I'm having the same problem using Designer 8.0

Former Community Member
I'm having fits with the radio buttons too. I am trying to convert an old PDF file to a fillable form, ("normal" - no fancy database connections), and it will not let me add radio buttons that are captionable - it says something about "artwork." Grr. Have to go finish my upgrade install to 8.1

Former Community Member
I am using v. 8. and my radio buttons are also driving me crazy. I have one set, now I need a different set, but when I try to add a another radio button, it binds to the first set. I have a gender radio button set, now when I want some Yes No radios, they bind up to the gender radios.

Former Community Member
Found the problem in another topic:

scott sheck - 1:30am Jun 29, 07 PST (#6 of 7)

A pasted radio button is automatically added to an existing exclusion group if the last added item was a radio button. This is in the help.

I wish there was a default to turn this off because I don't want to add a temporary item just to get a new exclusion group.