Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Geting started-- new to ALD

Former Community Member
Hi all,

We are using ALD 7.0 to create a form.As we are still learning this product we are facing some queries which we think may be solved here.

The forms we are creating will be either submitted by mail or submitted by web.

1)For submitting by mail how can we change the following body text:

The attached file contains data that was entered into a form. It is not the form itself.

The recipient of this data file should save it locally with a unique name. Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 or later can process this data by importing it back into the blank form or creating a spreadsheet from several data files. See Help in Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 for more details.

to something more customized.

2)For any field data Binding , can we create a data binding to a lotus notes database

3)How can we do simple data validation e.g any blank mandatory fields throws up an alert.

4)Is there a method for applying style sheet to the entire form?

Thanks for any help

Abhishek
4 Replies

Former Community Member
for 1) we found the required code to be written for a custom button.

but still waiting on for other queries.

Level 6
1) Can you post your solution for the benefit of those searching this forum?

2) It's hard. Also, the users need to have Acrobat or have usage rights enabled in the form using Adobe LC Reader Extensions. I think it's more than can be described here.

3) This is basic product functionality. The help files describe it better than anyone here can. If you have a more specific question, then post it here.

4) I think you're referring to a CSS style sheet rather than an XSLT. If that's the case, then the answer is no, there's no support for CSS. There is support for applying an XSLT to the incoming or outgoing data, but I don't think that's what you're referring to.

Hope this helps.

Former Community Member
Thanks a lot Jared.

1) Just create a button and put the following code in the click event

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:watverusername@watevermail.com?subject=Submitted Form&body=Please find attached the completed form.",cSubmitAs:"XML",cCharset:"utf-8"});

This will mail the required Data file to the user.

2)ya, i think i will be more cumbersome to actually do this.must think about a workaround for it.

3)yes, i have checked the Empty message validation.It will allow basic mandatory requirements. But i was curious, if it allowed us to use any javascript library import or more complex javascript functions than the ones which we get using the Functions button.

4)I was referring to styling each textfield or dropdown or radio button using a common style without having the need to go to each field and modify the look and feel. This is due the fact that our form will have more than 250 odd fields.

Thanks for the help

Abhishek

Former Community Member
As for applying styles (CSS), no, Designer doesn't support it - but you can create a library of styled objects, and use your library instead of the stock objects. If you change a style, you have to update all objects - but to initially create them it can save a lot of time. Just style an object the way you want it, then drag it back into the library into an appropriate folder.

Hope that helps,

Mike