Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Gathering info from SQL Database

Former Community Member
I want to my users to be able to enter an account number and it return name and address. I have created the Dataconnection and set it to delayed open. The sequal command that i am using is "select * from memb where acct = '" I have it set as an exit command currently but can change it if i need to. It is running on a server and as a formcalc. Do I need to Bind the name and address field to my data connection name and address?
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Yes you need to bind the results of your query to the fields on your form.

Former Community Member
I keep getting a "Couldn't post data to", Here the script from... What is wrong???

topmostSubform.Page1.P.acct::exit - (FormCalc, server)

xfa.sourceSet.DataConnection.nodes.item(1).query.setAttribute = "text"

xfa.sourceSet.DataConnection.nodes.item(1).query.select.nodes.item(0).value = "Select * from memb where acct = '", this.rawValue, "'")

//app.alert(xfa.sourceSet.DataConnection.nodes.item(1).query.select.nodes.item(0).value);

//now connect to DB and get a record

//xfa.sourceSet.DataConnection.open()

//xfa.host.messageBox ("Data Connection Opened")

Former Community Member
You have your code set to run server side but you are not rendering from a server. Change it to run client side.

Former Community Member
Okay, I have changed to client and when i Check my script syntax it is not liking this field. Do I need to have it set on formcalc or javascript?

xfa.sourceSet.DataConnection.nodes.item(1).query.select.nodes.item(0).value = "Select * from memb where acct = '" + this.rawValue +