Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Frustration - Objects won't stay grouped to reposition

Former Community Member
I am desinging a basic form that will be filled and then printed to deliver. I am really frustrated by the fact I can create a rectangle and put text and a field against a background and then group - I would expect this to stay together so I can reposition on the page. Once the page is full I find it difficult to select by dragging over the whole object. It is very simple to do in other programs! Also the alignment tools are a pain when I have 2 rectangles on side by side and want to align to left and to right but it aligns all the text etc inside the rectangle to the right as well. IS there a simpler way to do layouts as it take about 3 times as long as it should to layout a page.

Cheers
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Hi Lyn,

If you're using rectangles as a way of visually containing other elements, try using subforms instead. When you move/align a subform it moves the objects within it as well. Like rectangles, subforms can have borders and fill. Both can have margins, though they work differently.

And yes, it would be nice to be able to create permanent groups.

Ann