Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Form processed by LiveCycle, but cannot be saved by Adobe Reader

Former Community Member
Hi All,

I have an Adobe form which has been processed by LiveCycle, however, it still cannot be saved by Adobe Reader. What could be the probable cause of this?

Background:

Previously, the whole process could work alright; i.e. create form using Acrobat Prof -> process using LiveCycle -> editing and saving with Adobe Reader.

However, after some changes where made to the pre-processed form, LiveCycle can no longer make the form save-able by Adobe Reader.

Thanks and best rgds,

Kwok Pong
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Kwok,

The term "LiveCycle" covers a good number of products so I will make the assumption you are talking about Reader Extensions. Please let me know if this is wrong.

If you licensed Adobe LiveCycle Barcoded Forms this does not necessarily mean that you have licensed Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions (which is sometimes referred to as ARES). ARES is the technology that is used to allow the Barcoded Forms PDFs to work but does not enable save-off-line capabilities on your forms unless you licensed this feature too.

Take a few minutes and listen to this presentation, it should give you an idea of how things are licensed: http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/barcodedformsandreaderextensions

Former Community Member
Hi Sutton,

Thank you for your prompt response. And yes, your assumption abt Reader Extensions is correct.

The issue has been resolved by using the following procedures:

1) Save the form as a new file

2) Using Advanced -> Pdf optimizer -> Select Standard -> change to version 6 compatible

3) Save the form as a new file again

4) Process this new file using Extension server

Best rgds,