Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form Guide

Former Community Member
I am new at this form guide.

1) I want two text fields right next to each using only the first caption.

i.e. Tel Number [code] [number]

2) How can you edit a radio button value on the form guide after you have binded it to your form object?

Could anyone assist please.

Thanks
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Penny,

1) The only easy way to do this is to create a custom layout (see http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_fgCustomizing). You could copy a One Column layout and then change the VBox that wraps the PanelItem to a HBox. This way you can layout items horizontally until a Next Area item is encountered.

2) The beauty about Form Guides is that you don't (usually) have to do anything special to edit values / presences in the Form Guide - they are driven off the value / presence in the underlying PDF.

In your radio button, you could do something in the calculate event like "if (this.rawValue == 1 && this.resolveNode("someOtherField").rawValue == "somethingElse") { this.rawValue = "2"; }". This will force the value of the radio button to 2 in both the PDF and the Form Guide (based on your business logic).

John.

Former Community Member
Hi John thanks for the response. I will definately try this.

Another question I have, is the form guide is saved as a swc file, how do we get it to become a flash file? Or should I say how does the end user use/access this form guide? I am new at this forms guide, so still learning.

Thanks

Penny

Former Community Member
Designer ES will actually compile a .swf (Flash movie) for you when you preview the form guide. It is located at {your profile directory}\Application Data\Adobe\Designer\8.1\GuideBuilder.

You actually need to host the form on Adobe LiveCycle Forms ES and then either write code to call the renderFormGuide web method on the exposed web service, or you can use Workbench to create a process that does the same thing (either way, you'll need to write code to call the process / web service).

You should be able to stream the Forms ES web service response directly back to the brower.

Under the covers, it renders an HTML page which then calls back to Forms ES to get the compiled .swf and .pdf elements which make up the Form Guide.

John.

Level 3
Hi,

I'm new enough to form guides too and have a query regarding the properties of a check box that I've added to the form guide.

In the "Edit Field Properties" I have set the caption position to "Left" but it is displaying the check box and then the caption.

What I want is the caption followed by the chack box.

Thanks in advance.

James

Former Community Member
Are you talking about the Guide or the native Form?