Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Form from XML Schema Preview Problem

Level 2
I am using LC Designer 8 on WinXP.

In exploring this product, am trying to create a simple form from an XML schema.

I created and validated a simple XML schema, using the example in the freeware version of Liquid XML Studio.

In Designer, I created a new form.

I created a data connection to my schema.

I dragged the data connection onto Designer's design view.

The form was created with appropriate object types.

HOWEVER, when I attempt to preview the form, I get a BLANK page.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
5 Replies

Level 5
You need to set Binding value for each of those fields in the Binding tab of Object palette to get the data value from XML schema. Review the documentition on Binding.

Level 2
Thank you. I will check that.

If I create test data, the form appears in preview mode, populated with the test data. If I delete the test data file, the form previews as blank. Is that how things should work?

Level 2
My schema's root is SalesCatalogue, which has 0 or more Product, which contains Name, Description, Price, ProductCode and Size.

When I created a data connection to this schema, then dragged the connection onto my form, the Name, Description, Price, ProductCode and Size fields appeared in the design view. They were enclosed in a Product subform. When viewing in the preview mode, the form displayed as blank.

When I unwrapped the Name, Description, Price, ProductCode and Size fields -- removed the Product subform, the fields appeared, and acted as I expected them to.

I am sure this makes perfect sense to the XML gurii, but I am posting this on the chance it will help some other novice.

Former Community Member
Hi Darrell,

I am trying to create a form that references tables of a database. I want to embed these data tables in my form, but have no clue how. Could you point me to tutorials on this topic or explain how to create tables in a script and then reference them from the form?

Thanks

Albert