Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Flowed subforms not working with table

Former Community Member
Hi,

I am having trouble getting nested subforms to "flow" correctly, without the content of the top subform expanding on top of the content for the second subform. Here's my situation:

I have a document saved in "dynamic format" that has 1 page, PageA, whose Content property is set to "Positioned".

On the page are 2 subforms, SubformQ & SubformR. These both have the subform Content property set to "Positioned". A 3rd subform, SubformB, is wrapped around SubformQ & SubformR. SubformB has the Content property set to "Flowed". SubformQ & SubformR are the same dimensions, and are aligned with SubformQ directly above SubformR.

Inside SubformQ are 2 fields - FieldX & TableY. Table Y is dynamic, and has the Row Min Count set to 2. In design mode only the header and 1 row; there is a button to add more rows dynamically when the form is compiled.

SubformR has 2 fields - FieldL & FieldM.

Here's the structure:

PageA - Positioned

SubformB - Flowed

SubformQ - Positioned

FieldX

Dynamic TableY + AddRowButton

SubformR - Positioned

FieldL

FieldM

My problem is that SubformQ keeps overlapping SubformR when the file is compiled. The "flow" isn't right. There are 2 situations in which this happens:

1) When the file is displayed in "Preview", TableY shows 2 rows which correspond to the value I set with Min Count. Unfortunately, this extra row does not push SubformR down like I want, it overlays SubformR.

2) When the "Add Row" button is hit for TableY, a new row is dynamically added. But this row once again further covers SubformR rather than dynamically pushing SubformR down the page.

Help! I don't know what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

Jeff
2 Replies

Level 1

Hi Jeff!

I have the same problem!

Did you get the solution?

Kind regards!

Luiza

Level 10

From looking at the structure he posted it's because everything was wrapped in a Positioned subform - it needs to be set to Flowed.

If you look around the forums here you'll find many examples.