Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Floating Text Field

Former Community Member
I need to insert a place in a paragraph for someone to fill in. I want this form to look professional and I need to put in a floating text field or something like it so that it will mend to the paragraph and not leave a huge space. Here is an example of the sentence I am trying to use.

Congratulations, and welcome to "X COMPANY"...

I will be using this for different companies and the names will vary in length. A shorter name will leave a huge space or a long name will not fit in a given space. Is there a way to not use the just the text field, because it has a set length of whatever I make it to. I hope this makes sense. Thanks.
6 Replies

Former Community Member
In the midst of your paragraph (where you want to put the field) click on Tools/Insert Floating Field. This will create a field for you in the paragraph. Now you can bind this field to your inbound data and when it is rendered the paragrapgh will flow around the field.

Former Community Member
Paul,

Thanks for the info. but I am still trying to figure out how you bind the field so that it is connected to the floating field. I know how to get into the bind pallette but from there I am lost. I haven't bound anything before. Thanks for any help.

Former Community Member
Are you merging data into the field at the start or or you expecting this to be interactive?

Former Community Member
Interactive I beleive because it is going to be a field where if I send the form to different company's I want them to put their company name in... So it will be different everytime if you know what I mean. And honestly I don't think I know how to merge data.

Former Community Member
This technique will not work interactively.....it has to be a merge a display type of solution.

Level 8
Level 8
Actually you could do a trick where you have another "normal" textfield (that is set to invisible when you click on a button) where you can type in the name of your company if the merge solution is not good enough for you.

Sincerely

Kim