Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fields in Dynamic Table keep refreshing layout = SLOW

Former Community Member
Here is my setup:

I'm using LiveCycle Designer 7.1 and saving the PDF as 7.0.5 Dynamic.

30+ page pdf with a 7 page form. Page 2 contains a dynamic table that starts with a header row and one body row. The table has 13 columns, 11 of which contain text fields for user data entry. The user can add rows to the table through a command elsewhere on the page.

None of the fields in the dynamic table have scripts. All their default binding setting read "Normal".

My problem:

Every time the user exits a text field in the dynamic table (by clicking out or tabbing to the next field), the entire document refreshes (or reformats or something), which takes over 5 seconds. The slowness is unacceptable. Can I stop the full-document refresh?
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Any chance you have a Page x of y control (from the Custom library) on your Master Page? If so, try removing it. I had a similar problem - my form flashed (refreshed) after exiting a field whose value was changed - and once I got rid of that Page x of y field, the problem went away.

Former Community Member
SGreen,

No, I don't have page number controls. I also tried removing all of my global bindings in all my fields throughout the document. But no improvement.

If I can't solve the problem, I'll work around it by putting in the max number of rows and making the ones I don't want invisible.

Thanks for the suggestion.