Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Form Info Gone

Former Community Member
have a Purchase order form, it made up of 2 parts the customer information header, and the order information body.

The order information is a subform that repeats depending on how many instances are added by the user.

The problem is the when it passes to the second page the customer information

header appears again on the second page and when it does it erases the already typed customer information on every page.

Is there a way to avoid this from happening?

Thanks again for all the help! go Langdon!

Camilo
5 Replies

Level 6
Hi Camilo,

How are you doing the customer information header? Is it on a master page or a subform in the body?

Level 6
Do you want the customer header information to appear on every page? If so, then just make sure the fields on your master page are set to global. If not, then create a second master page that does not have the header and set the max instances of the first master page to 1.

If you are using Acrobat 8.0 and LC 8.0 for all this, there's another possible explanation for your misery. From the sounds of another post in this forum by dbuchanan today, there may be a nasty bug in either LiveCycle Designer 8.0 or Acrobat/Reader 8.0. That post is as follows:

LC/Acro 8.0 dynamic form resetting entered data

dbuchanan - 06:17am Nov 17, 2006 Pacific

I have a dynamic form originally created using LC 7.1. The form was Saved As... using LC 8.0. The form has a table (in the Body Page) which adds rows via an addInstance button. The rows expand to fit the text. Two master pages are used as the second is a continuation sheet.

Using Acro Pro 8, I distributed it so that it could be completed and saved by a user with just Adobe Reader (7.08). Whilst completing the form, adding rows, entering data and regularly saving, I reached the bottom of the page and added an additional row (to spill over onto the continuation sheet), however all the data disappeared from the completed fields (all the fields except check boxes). The same happens when the table row expands to accommodate the text, thereby spilling over onto the continuation sheet (2nd master page). It also looks as though the RemoveInstance manager resets the form data when I delete a row and there is no script telling it to do this.

Even purging the cache, closing down, and reopening the Saved form doesn't recover the lost data!

So am I misunderstanding the licence limitations of this upgrade or is it a bug with the InstanceManager? If you are supposed to be able to complete/edit and save the form, what am I doing wrong?

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Former Community Member
Having spoken to Adobe technical help a couple of days ago, I'm hopeful that the problem will be fixed when Reader 8 is released (early December??). As when users with Reader 7.08 open the form a message telling the user that they need to upgrade to the current (but as yet unreleased version appears). As soon as Reader 8 becomes available, I'll be testing the form again.