Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Fields in Dynamic Table keep refreshing layout = SLOW

Former Community Member
Here is my setup:

I'm using LiveCycle Designer 7.1 and saving the PDF as 7.0.5 Dynamic.

30+ page pdf with a 7 page form. Page 2 contains a dynamic table that starts with a header row and one body row. The table has 13 columns, 11 of which contain text fields for user data entry. The user can add rows to the table through a command elsewhere on the page.

None of the fields in the dynamic table have scripts. All their default binding setting read "Normal".

My problem:

Every time the user exits a text field in the dynamic table (by clicking out or tabbing to the next field), the entire document refreshes (or reformats or something), which takes over 5 seconds. The slowness is unacceptable. Can I stop the full-document refresh?
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Any chance you have a Page x of y control (from the Custom library) on your Master Page? If so, try removing it. I had a similar problem - my form flashed (refreshed) after exiting a field whose value was changed - and once I got rid of that Page x of y field, the problem went away.

Former Community Member
SGreen,

No, I don't have page number controls. I also tried removing all of my global bindings in all my fields throughout the document. But no improvement.

If I can't solve the problem, I'll work around it by putting in the max number of rows and making the ones I don't want invisible.

Thanks for the suggestion.