Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Error parsing Client information calling Assembler 7

Former Community Member
I am getting an exception when calling Assembler via a remote client.<br /><br />Has anyone seen this issue before? I think it might be server configuration, but I don't know what as I'm a application developer not a infrastructure resource. Any help is appreciated.<br /><br />Invocation call:<br />ASMoutput = asm.invoke(DDXDocument,ASMinputs,environment,null);<br /><br />Error:<br />[6/6/07 13:17:43:346 CDT] 30564fd0 AssemblerEJB W com.adobe.service.pdfm.AssemblerEJB setupEnvironment ASM_W00002: Log messages are being logged at the "FINEST" level, which will impact performance. This setting is not recommended for production - use INFO or greater.<br />[6/6/07 13:17:43:377 CDT] 30564fd0 Executive A com.adobe.internal.ddxm.Executive execute DDXM_N00000: Started processing result named FinalDoc.pdf<br />[6/6/07 13:17:43:815 CDT] 304f0fd0 LdapRegistryI E SECJ0361E: Authentication failed for <null> because user is not found in the registry.<br />[6/6/07 13:17:43:846 CDT] 30564fd0 Executive E com.adobe.internal.ddxm.Executive execute DDXM_S00001: Failed to assemble result named FinalDoc.pdf<br />[6/6/07 13:17:43:846 CDT] 30564fd0 Executive E com.adobe.internal.ddxm.Executive execute TRAS0014I: The following exception was logged org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: <br /><br />Trace from server: 1218860825 at host XXXXXXXXXXX>><br />org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: Error when parsing client certificates, message: null vmcid: 0x49424000 minor code: 300 completed: No<br /> at com.ibm.ISecurityLocalObjectBaseL13Impl.CSIServerRI.receive_request(CSIServerRI.java:425)<br /> at com.ibm.rmi.pi.InterceptorManager.iterateReceiveRequest(InterceptorManager.java:748)<br /> at com.ibm.rmi.poa.GenericPOAServerSC.dispatchToServant(GenericPOAServerSC.java:423)<br /> at com.ibm.rmi.poa.GenericPOAServerSC.internalDispatch(GenericPOAServerSC.java:274)<br /> at com.ibm.rmi.poa.GenericPOAServerSC.dispatch(GenericPOAServerSC.java:178)<br /> at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.ORB.process(ORB.java:432)<br /> at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB.process(ORB.java:1728)<br /> at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.doWork(Connection.java:2227)<br /> at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.WorkUnitImpl.doWork(WorkUnitImpl.java:65)<br /> at com.ibm.ejs.oa.pool.PooledThread.run(ThreadPool.java:95)<br /> at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java(Compiled Code))
3 Replies

Former Community Member
When Assembler was installed, was security turned on or off during the configuration manager portion of the installation? My guess is that security was turned on, in which case you'd need to call

Context ctx = asm.login("username","password");

first and then pass that context in to the invoke method, as in:

ASMoutput = asm.invoke(DDXDocument,ASMinputs,environment,ctx);

To quickly verify the security settings, find the adobe-Assembler7.ear that was deployed, and unjar it. Then unjar the assembler7EJB.jar that was extracted and look at the contents of the security.properties file. If security.groups in that file is blank, then security is off, and if it an asterisk "security.groups=*" then security is on.

If security is off and you still get that exception, then it might be time for a call to tech support.

Former Community Member
Thanks Don.

I'll have to have my infrastructure engineers check it. I work at a large enterprise and development doesn't handle the servers.

Former Community Member
This was a setup issue on the server, they fixed it.