Expand my Community achievements bar.

What the font is going on here?

Former Community Member
I am working with a design firm that creates business cards for companies that have numerous and repeat orders. The process that is used to make the printing plates involves a pdf. I am using Live Cycle Designer 7.0 to make a dynamic pdf that imports XML data from a form online. My application performs beautifully but I have encountered some issues with fonts.

I work with a PC and my client uses a Mac, it seem we can only use open face fonts in the dynamic pdf for it to work on both ends. This greatly reduces my font selection provided in Live Cycle. I have discovered I cannot add to this selection using coventional methods.

Is there a way to use an open face font that is not listed in Live Cycle?

Here is a post I found that seems like the answer I need But I don't understand what to do;

"Why is the default font for Designer non-adjustable? Many businesses have a corporate font, and most of them do not use Myriad Pro! The Adobe Support team to told me to edit the font tags in the object .xfo files to the typeface I require - but that is not a solution, that's a HACK! And what if I need to produce documents in numerous fonts? Must I keep an archive of objects, each set to a different font, and then drop them in and out of my application data folder as needed??"

Any help is greatly appreciated!
0 Replies