Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error generating PDF: ALC-PDG-001-000

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm facing an error while trying to generate a PDF through CreatePDF service (GeneratePDFService). It is converting .tif .jpg successfully into PDF but not converting text documents like .txt .doc etc

Following is the error log:

ALC-PDG-001-000-Conversion failed because of an exception.

An unexpected exception while resolving a new connection to an Adobe Service.: ALC-PDG-1000-000: com.adobe.livecycle.generatepdf.client.ConversionException: ALC-PDG-001-000-Conversion failed because of an exception.

An unexpected exception while resolving a new connection to an Adobe Service.

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException: An unexpected exception while resolving a new connection to an Adobe Service.

at com.adobe.util.ConnectionFactoryReflectionWrapper.getConnection(Utilities.java:961)

at com.adobe.pdfg.callbacks.NativeToPDFTransactionCallback.convertToPdf(NativeToPDFTransactionCallback.java:185)

at com.adobe.pdfg.callbacks.NativeToPDFTransactionCallback.doInTransaction(NativeToPDFTransactionCallback.java:165)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.doRequiresNew(EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.java:218)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor751.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)

at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.java:158)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorBMT.invoke(TxInterceptorBMT.java:62)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)

at $Proxy270.doRequiresNew(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:133)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.DefaultTransactionTemplate.execute(DefaultTransactionTemplate.java:79)

at com.adobe.pdfg.BMCCaller.invokeInSMT(BMCCaller.java:769)

at com.adobe.pdfg.Native2PdfCaller.callNativeBMC(Native2PdfCaller.java:779)

at com.adobe.pdfg.Native2PdfCaller.createPDF(Native2PdfCaller.java:298)

at com.adobe.pdfg.GeneratePDFImpl.createPDFCommon(GeneratePDFImpl.java:342)

at com.adobe.pdfg.GeneratePDFImpl.createPDF2(GeneratePDFImpl.java:144)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:118)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)

at com.ado
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Have you found a fix to this yet? I am having the exact same problem.

Thanks,

John

Former Community Member
Are you allowed to convert TXT? As far as DOC, you need to have Word installed on the server.

Former Community Member
I am still new to this .. but ...

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp....

The Generate PDF service lets you convert these document types to PDF documents:

HTML

Microsoft Word

Microsoft PowerPoint

Microsoft Excel

Microsoft Project

Microsoft Visio

AutoCAD

Adobe Photoshop CS2®

Any third-party generic application type for which you have a PDF generating application

Former Community Member
Hi John,

No, I'm still not able to resolve this. If you find any solution for this then please let me know.

Brad:

I tried simple text file as well but I'm facing the same problem.

Regards,

Sunaif

LiveCycle Consultant

Level 4
Hi Sunaif,

In order to convert TXT to PDF, you need to install MS Word and Acrobat on your LC server and configure Acrobat for PDF generation as described in Post-deployment actities section of Installing and Deploying LiveCycle ES guide for your application server. Additionally you have to configure JBossService to logon as the user you have installed Office and Acrobat. That should work.

Oguz

www.kgc.com.tr