Former Community Member
Hi all!

I'm using a form designed with Designer with Reader Extension. This form

connects to a ws in order

With Acrobat and the Acrobat Reader under 7.0.5 it's all OK, but another

user with Acrobat or Adobe Reader 7.0.8 received an error message when

trying to connect to the WS.

The error says that there was a problem reading the file and specified the

folder url in which there is the web service.

I remember that for some reasons, after 7.0.5 you've to certified the

document, but I can't certify a PDF form created with Designer :(

Anyone can help?

Thanks,

Alessio
4 Replies

Former Community Member
You can certify a PDF created in Designer by adding a signature field to the form, saving as a PDF, opening the PDF in Acrobat, clicking the sig field, choosing the option to certify and following the steps.

However, you shouldn't need to certify a form to connect to a web service. You need to certify a form to import data from the file system.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
<Chris_Trubiani@adobeforums.com> ha scritto nel messaggio <br />news:3bc11c4e.0@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br /><br />> However, you shouldn't need to certify a form to connect to a web service. <br />> You need to certify a form to import data from the file system.<br />><br /><br />I received this error message (only with Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat <br />7.0.5 and newer):<br /><br />Error attempting to read from file.<br />http://ip:8080/jboss-net/services/NameWS<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Alessio

Former Community Member
Well, I just tried it to make sure, and I was able to call a web service fine from 7.0.8. Is it possible that someone at some point when Acrobat asks if you want to allow or block the operation chose block and clicked the check mark to make it remember that chose and automaticallly apply it? I notice that if I choose block it displays a generic error message saying it needs to be a certified form (which is wrong). Does it work from other machines?

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
<Chris_Trubiani@adobeforums.com> ha scritto nel messaggio <br />news:3bc11c4e.2@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Well, I just tried it to make sure, and I was able to call a web service <br />> fine from 7.0.8. Is it possible that someone at some point when Acrobat <br />> asks if you want to allow or block the operation chose block and clicked <br />> the check mark to make it remember that chose and automaticallly apply it? <br />> I notice that if I choose block it displays a generic error message saying <br />> it needs to be a certified form (which is wrong). Does it work from other <br />> machines?<br />><br /><br />Yes, maybe the users click on the block button. By Clicking on the Allow <br />button, all works.<br /><br />Alessio