Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error connecting to SMTP server

Level 7
I manually installed LiveCycle ES Update 1 to Jboss and Oracle and configured the outgoing email settings in adminui.

When I create a workflow to send email with attachments and invoke it, I get the following error.

2009-01-13 10:50:43,956 ERROR [com.adobe.idp.workflow.dsc.invoker.WorkflowDSCInvoker] An exception was thrown with name com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.SendMailFailedException message:Could not connect to SMTP host: exch05.gs-inc.com, port: 25 while invoking service EmailService and operation sendWithDocument and no fault routes were found to be configured.

The connection settings are correct as I have used the same on another server.

Aditya
7 Replies

Level 7
I have another server (Turnkey Install) and I configured the SMTP server on the send email module. The "Edit Service Configuration" still has localhost defined. It works perfectly fine.

I have imported the same LCA from that server. This server (Manual Install) is creating problems.

I tried defining the SMTP setting through "Edit Service Configuration" of the send email module and I am still having problems.

Aditya

Level 7
Another thing, I get an error in the log for stall error emails and task assignment emails.

However, in the receive email module "Test Connection" works fine with the same exchange server.

I think the LCES server is unable to connect to the SMTP server for all outgoing emails.

Level 10
You can configure LCES to send email notification through the adminui interface. This will allow you to receive new task in your Inbox as oppose to Workspace and other email notifications. That has nothing to do with sending emails with the Send Email with Attachment service.

If you want to use the Send Email with Attachments, you need to configure it on the service under "Edit Configuration" or in the Connection Settings section under Properties for the service.

If you import an LCA, you don't import the service configuration. You still need to make sure the service is configured properly in you manual install. If they are the same , then something else is not configure properly. If you configure you Send Email using the Properties/Connection Settings, then they will come through when you import your lca.

I don't believe it's related to LCES unable to connect to the SMTP server.

Jasmin

Level 7
the log file throws the same error "Could not connect to SMTP server" when it tried to send a stall error email or assign task.

What would you suggest I do ?

Aditya

Level 10
Use the Record and Playback feature and check on which step it's failing. If it's failing on the user step, then it could be related to the email configuration from adminui.

If it's failing on the Send Email with Attachment, then it's you configuration on that service that are wrong.

Jasmin

Level 7
It worked !

It had something to do with restarting the VMware machine which caused it to change the IP address.

Thanks Jasmin.

Aditya