Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error[ALC-LCM-999-020]

Former Community Member
During "Live cycle 8.2" Reader Extension installation i found following error message.

Error[ALC-LCM-999-020]

----------------------

Failed on 'Verifying JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle ES service is installed'

Windows turnkey service JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle ES does not exist.

Kindly advice me how to solve this error.

Thanks,

Prabudass
6 Replies

Former Community Member
It looks like the installation failed to start JBoss. Try to start JBoss manually by using to Windows service JBoss for Adobe for LiveCycle

Level 4
Hi Prabudass,

Are you making turnkey installation? Is your system 32 or 64 bit?

JbossService may not be installed succesfully if you are using 64-bit JDK. This blog post may be helpful:

http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2008/10/installing_livecycle_jboss_tur.html

Oguz

www.kgc.com.tr

Former Community Member
Was you able to solve the problem, I had the same problem and found the solution. I might be able to help you.

Former Community Member
Please Help me. I could not slove the problem.

Thanks,

prabudass

mariaprabudass@gmail.com

Former Community Member
I was able to solve this issue. I had same problem on Windows XP (32 Bit). I was installing LiveCycle ES on my desktop to do some solution evaluations.

The issue was the JDK I had assigned to use.

To resolve:

1. Make sure you have compliant JDK Version. To get mine to work I had to install JDK Version jdk1.5.0_17.

2. Switch the JDK that the JBOSS Java Service is pointing to. To do this, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the service.

2.A Go to your installation folder (C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\jboss) and copy the file "InstallJBossService.bat" and rename it "UnInstallJBossService.bat".

2.B Change the command line to execute an uninstall by the following: "%LC8DIR%/jboss/JBossService.exe" -uninstall.

2.C Change your OS Environment Variable for JAVA_HOME to the correct JDK, for example "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_17".

3. Rerun the Adobe Configuration Manager C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\configurationManager\bin\ConfigurationManager.bat

It should complete successfully now IF your issue was the wrong JDK like I had.

There are some other posts about issues similar to this using wrong JDK or 64Bit Windows or other.

Former Community Member
Oh, and one more thing. Make sure that the service has permission to run. Other posts have mentioned this but I will reiterate

You can make those security changes in the Windows XP Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Security -> Services utility. You will see the service named "JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle".