Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

email endpoint without attachments

Former Community Member
I have an email endpoint. I wish to extract the data from the body of the it self. I can extarct the body by setting %BODY% as input parameter. But the html formatting is lost.

Is there any way to extract the body, maintaining the html formatting/rich text? I mean besides using string variable could I use some other variable? maybe binary?
4 Replies

Level 4
Hi Sylvan,

I have had the same problem as you. I opend a Support Request for this and they awnsered me that HTML-body is not supported by the EmailEndpoint.

Maybe you could try and use the Email-reciever service from Workbench, that worked for me.

Regards,

Former Community Member
hmm i guess i'll have to do it that way then. But in this case I hav e to manually keep polling the inbox to see if an email has come to the inbox, right?

Level 4
Hi Sylvan,

Yes, we created a java application to do the job.

Regards,

RonnyR

Level 9
Instead of creating a Java application, you could just create a simple LiveCycle process that uses a combination of EmailReceiver, Wait, and invoking a subprocess, and then loops, to receive the incoming email.

It's just a little simpler to implement and manage than a custom Java application, although it achieves a similar result.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com